Ch. 19 - What Has To Be Done

The early morning hours came much faster than you would've liked. But you at least spent the last night you had with Suguru in his chambers, sanguine lovers wrapped in a blanket and saturated in moonlight. With his touch, you had sealed your fate.

Though it was a heavenly night permanently etched in your mind, a part of you felt regret all because you knew you'd never want to sleep without him again.
You stared down at his sleeping frame, a stomach sleeper with his hands folded underneath his pillow. His silky, black hair draped in picturesque fashion down his naked back. His ribcage steadily moved with each deep breath he took.

It hurt you to leave him, but you knew that you had to despite his earlier confession. Continuing to look down at his peaceful expression in the late moonlight made you regret that you hadn't given a confession of your own.
There, laying before you, was a man who was all you could've ever wanted. Though Suguru's feelings were loud and clear, you knew if you would have shared your own thoughts it would have only caused more pain for the both of you. You weren't entirely sure, but you figured losing him now would be better than losing him later.

Should you have said those three little words, it would have only ended in certain death. It was unfortunately still a possibility; even what may be unspoken can still be read loud and clear on one's face. Your nearly hopeless hope was that you might be able to break the curse.

But it was too late, the thoughts you had were destined to haunt you forever. There was nothing left to do but slink out from underneath the sheets, gather your own clothing from its puddle on the floor, and venture out without another word.

You took a few necessities from your room and escaped into the night with your horse, riding back to the only place you knew...your original home.

Tears drowned your eyes despite the wind in your face, holding tight to your horse's mane as they galloped into the night. 

Obviously, the bakery was empty and there was only one person on your mind who could help. Your thought process was that maybe, just maybe, he might have some kind of knowledge on sorcery. 
Kento had self-taught himself so much and read so many books on his own you figured he'd have to come across something. And if you were lucky, he'd know how to break curses.

"Kento," you whispered into the open window to his bedroom.
Thanks to your previous late night adventures, you knew that his window would be open. He always kept it open for you, no matter how cold it ever got.
"Kento!" You whispered a bit louder, leaning forward into the window sill. 

He snorted himself awake, looking groggy as ever in his usual Kento way. "Y/N?" His voice crackled as he stared at you, the little bit of sun starting to come up over the horizon enough to nearly blind him. 

"Yeah," you whispered back, "I need your help." You spoke in a normal tone at this point, the most serious look you'd ever had on your face.

With that rare expression, Kento immediately got up and began dressing. You'd never make such a flat face and when you did it only meant that there was trouble. 

You insisted that the two of you make your way to the next town over. You figured if Suguru noticed your absence that your home would be the first place to look. Not to mention, if Sukuna decided to pop in at random you didn't want your hometown to be the one he destroyed.
Kento easily agreed with your continued seriousness. You explained everything to him while on horseback, hoping that your travels further away from the castle would buy you some time in keeping Suguru safe. 

"Y/N, I have to be honest," Kento began as the two of you enjoyed breakfast upon reaching the next town over, "I've read plenty, but jujutsu sorcery was in none of the books - let alone breaking curses."