ISSUE #23

The large alien creatures which had been circling the sky began to fall as (Y/N) (L/N) held out his hand, inviting Bucky to hold onto him. James Barnes looked down at his arm questioningly, 'what's that for?' he asked, raising an eyebrow.

'I'll fly us,' responded (Y/N), grabbing his wrist.

James Barnes stared at him for a moment before letting out a loud, almost hysterical laugh. 'As if you're going to be able to carry me,' he shook his head, 'you couldn't even carry your own kitbag.'

(Y/N) bit back the curses he wished to yell at James Buchanan Barnes, instead scoffing, 'suit yourself.' His body lifted a couple of feet into the air where he hovered for a moment, looking down at Barnes, 'try not to be sick,' he half-smiled. Bucky looked up at him, seeming rather perplexed before he too began to lift off of the ground, enclosed in a moving red fog. (Y/N) (L/N) glanced down at him, catching a glimpse of fear behind James Barnes's blue eyes. The Red Soldier pushed himself through the air, dragging Bucky behind him, a little more carlessly than he might have done had it not have been for the Winter Soldier's subtle insult.

The pair landed a dozen yards away from the action. Bucky keeled over as he wretched. 'That was fucking awful,' he complained.

'Should've took my hand,' (Y/N) smirked cheekily.

The sorry sight before him soon distracted them. Thor was trying with all of his might to push the blade of his axe into Thanos's chest, whilst Steve Rogers clung to the Titan's back, attempting to restrain his arms. The chaos magic tugged at (Y/N)'s body, urging him to help his friends. He heard the familiar click of a magazine being inserted into a gun, swiftly followed by the crack of gunfire as bullets soared through the air, implanting themselves into the alien's thick skull.

The Titan bellowed in pain, his chest flexing as he stretched, his large fists knocking Thor into a pile of fallen bricks. He flung his bleeding head back, head-butting Steve Rogers in the chin, resulting in him being flung six feet backwards through the air. Thanos leaped towards him, slamming both of his fists into Captain America's chest. Gunfire followed swiftly, as James Barnes fired rounds of bullets at the Titan, drawing his attention. He turned his head, his pale eyes boring into both the Red Soldier, and the Winter Soldier.

'I bet you thought you'd killed me,' (Y/N) teased, 'but it's going to take a lot more than a pathetic little sword to end me, mate.' Thanos's gaze drifted down to (Y/N)'s ankles as he let out an animalistic roar. The Red Soldier turned his eyes to the ground, immediately recognising the gauntlet which housed all six infinity stones. 'For fucks sake,' he exhaled, picking up the gauntlet as Thanos bounded towards them, imitating the gait of an ape.

'What is it?' asked Bucky, his aim on the alien standing firm. (Y/N) showed him the gauntlet in his hands. 'Shit,' the Winter Soldier cursed, firing another fruitless round into the Titan's armour. 'Just fly up so he can't get it!' Bucky ordered him, taking on the tone he had once used whilst commanding their regiment. (Y/N) struggled for a moment as he tried to make a decision, he could cower in the air as Bucky fought for the stones, or he could make quick work of it and fight Thanos himself.

'You're not my sergeant anymore, Buck,' he eventually stated as the Titan closed in on them, 'now just imagine you're fielding for the Yankees.' Bucky raised a perplexed eyebrow which (Y/N) proceeded to ignore as he jumped into the air, landing a few metres behind Thanos. 'You want the stones?' he asked the murderer before him, who proceeded to exhale through his nose impatiently. 'Try fucking catching them.' The Red Soldier lifted off once more, handing off the gauntlet into Bucky's arms as though it were a rugby ball, before dropping to the ground forcefully. Thanos's eyes flickered between the two, before finally settling on James Barnes. (Y/N) (L/N) managed to trap him in a crimson mist before he could reach the Winter Soldier though. 'You're going to regret going after him, Thanos,' he spat.