Soryu-Five

I just wanna say...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 23k READS! ^_^ SERIOUSLY IT MEANS A WHOLE LOT TO ME! The last time I realized this was when the reads were 10k, I swear I was on clouds for hours! Even tho it's cuz of the chapters build up...twenty-three thousand is a lot :D

Thank you!!!

Soryu's PoV

It was 1 a.m. of the day when Mei Ling arrived. It was a surprise to see she's already married and has a daughter now. Since the last time she was here—

I quickly stopped thinking.

Paper work was spread messily in front of me on my desk. Over these years I have worked myself to the way of leader-in-line. Just a few steps more to make it official. I had been gathering money from the auctions, it's a huge profit from that line. Though I need a bit more now that I've spent twenty-five mill on that girl.

Speaking of that girl....

My legs carried me out of my room and in front of her tightly shut door. My hand landed on the handle and turned it slowly.

She was clutching her pillow so hard her nails dug in; her hands were shaking despite their strong grip on the pillow. Her legs completely tangled with the sheets, she almost whimpered.

She's something else.

This girl just suddenly popped into my life just like how Arian did. Does it mean anything?

Sweat beads started forming on her forehead. I took another two steps closer to the bed. Taking up a corner of the tangled sheets, I lightly dabbed her forehead.

Her shoulders relaxed a little, I have a feeling she's gonna wake up, so I left in a hurry.

***

"I wanna tour around here first!" Li Yan cheered the next morning. She was energetic, just like Mei Ling.

"Sure." I didn't try to smile as I stood up.

Arian's PoV[dun dun DUN!]

After Yui disappeared for a week, I decided that I couldn't do much myself, I had to find help. But if I call the police, they'll ask questions... I don't want that. The only possible solution popped into my mind.

I never expected him to agree to this, but Mamoru agreed to help look for Yui. On one condition, was that I had to explain everything to him. So I did. From why I left, to how Yui is related to Soryu.

Now he phones me daily for updates. Still nothing on Yui, he just said yesterday, but he keeps me updated on Soryu. I just heard that Mei Ling was back. The thought of an old friend who played a role in Soryu's and my love story just.... And I heard that she had a daughter. Twelve years old.

I choked back a sob as I tried to wash the dishes.

The vibration in my pocket let me turn off the tap and pick up my phone.

"Hey, kid." I recognize that voice.

"Detective Kishi! Any news?" I ask desperately.

"..." He seems to be hesitating on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Yes... um... I think I've found the girl you've shown me on that picture."

Thank god there weren't any plates in my hands at that moment because I surely would've dropped them crashing onto the ground.

"W-What?! Really?! Where is she?!!"

With hesitation continuously in his voice, he explained the whole situation to me. From when Yui was sold off at the auction, to that she might've found out about Soryu being her dad but is pretty sure that Soryu knows nothing such.