Mamoru - Ten

Kyoko's PoV

It's been two weeks since the incident at the school. We are now in our backup campus that's further away from the last one.

Jayden's slowly reverting back to his cheerful self. He was deadly silent for the first five days though, it was scary.

Speaking of that ginger, I remember the night he got drunk.

~Flashback~

His eyes bore into mine as he rests his forehead on mine.

"Jayden, you're totally dru—"

He cut me off.

"Why...." He murmurs softly, I can feel his breath on my lips. He's speaking in English....

"Why did you leave me...?" He continued, his head now falling to the crook of my neck. I flinched. No guy has ever been this close to me before.

He let go of my wrist, only to wrap his arms around me tightly. They're shaking.

"I love you so much...!"

My heart throbbed. As much as I'd like to deny that. I knew clearly it was because I wanted to hear him say that, but right now, they are for someone else.

Goddammit.

"Stay with me...please...."

I realize I returned his embrace softly around his back.

~End~

(AHAHAHAHA I BET U GUYS THOUGHT HE KISSED HER HUH)

I bit my lip and looked into the mirror. I never bothered to tame my forever-messy hair, but maybe right now will be a good start, since school doesn't start in three more hours.

Yes, I woke up at 4am. For no reason.

I stick the comb on my hair, moved an inch, and then it won't budge.

This is gonna be more work than I thought.

At 6:30am, I finally got it mostly untangled. Turns out, my hair is onto that short cuz of how curly it is. When I combed it out straight, it piles at my shoulders.

Do I look okay...?

I nearly punch the mirror at myself. I'm so confused. I didn't care about how I looked. I threw on whatever comes in hand first in the closet, ran my fingers through my hair once, stepped into some old sneakers, and out I went. But now, I just spent two and a half hours to do my fricking hair. I actually wore color today, and put on a brand new pair of converse I got last week.

I head downstairs into the main building.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference in me today.

Yoshiro laughed his head off. Yup, great support.

Jayden's standing at the back of the room and leaning against the wall again. He has a different demeanor today, this might just be the day when he's fully recovered.

I don't notice Takumori watching me as I watched Jayden.

The entire class is to solve a real life crime scene this time. There isn't a solid mark, but I haven't had anything but paperwork for two weeks.

Director Sakai called my name so I walked to the front of the students and stood beside him.

"Everyone, this is Kyoko Kishi, she'll be leading this investigation." He says simply.