Soryu-eight

Yui's PoV

"Here!" Li Yan enthusiastically dragged me everywhere she went in the dark aquarium. It's so we can see the fish tanks more clear that the inside was so dark. Of course, the perfect make out spot for some couples.

One of the large tanks has someone swimming around in it, dressed as a mermaid. A worker, probably. Her flowing orange red hair looked like silk in the water, the glittering scales on her tail shone under the spotlight. From time to time she'll have to go up to get some air.

"Ariel!" Li Yan shouted right by my ear. I hate children, I swear my sleeve is gonna get their stitches burst any minute now.

"Come see this!" Mei Ling's voice rang from across the hallway, Li Yan ran to her mother. Soryu was right beside them.

Finally getting a break, I sat on one of the benches near the food stand areas of the aquarium. I felt a bit thirsty. I watched Mei Ling and Li Yan leaning against a huge tank, inspecting the large sea turtles in it; and Soryu looking completely unfazed and blank, standing behind them with his arms crossed.

Just then, a cup of strawberry banana smoothie was set in front of me on the table. My gaze shot up to the person who took a seat next to me on the benches.

"You again?" I tilt my head, but accept the smoothie since he remembered my favorite flavour.

He smirked, his dimples showing. I open the cap and briefly scanned the content, just to be safe. Not that I can see if ecstasy was mixed in it anyway.

"What are you? Stalking me?" I asked before taking a sip of the cold smoothie. It felt good against my tongue, "What're you even doing here?"

"Accompanying a friend before her boyfriend showed up. You?" He lazily nodded his head towards a couple, who were excitedly pointing around the tanks. He then took a sip of his coffee.

"None of your concern, Daryl." I reply simply.

"Brrr, cold." He chuckled half-heartedly while I don't even make eye contact.

"Yup, I took on basically everything from my father." I blurted without going through my mind. I guess I was a bit frustrated at him after all. Surely he isn't going to believe me if I just popped up and said I'm his daughter, his suspicious nature is going to think I'm some sort of spy with a bunch of artificial evidence.

"Oh?" He questioned, and I looked up just in time seeing him glance in Soryu's direction. His right arm, which was resting against the bench back, bend up to run his hand through his always perfect hair. His other hand was holding that cup of coffee.

"Enjoying the view?" it was when tease glinted from his grey eyes that I realized I was staring for a few seconds. I just clicked my tongue and went back to my smoothie to avoid embarrassment.

"Uh-huh. Well, what about your parents?" I ask nonchalantly. And since he seated himself right next to me, I sense him stiffen at my question. I look back up at him, but by then he already fixed his composure.

"My mom passed away when I was just six, my father... let's just say he's very strict on me." He wasn't looking at me, clearly trying to avoid the topic.

I nod, not pushing on the subject. It's probably sensitive. Just like mine is too.

Out of the corner of my vision, I see them moving on to the water snakes section of the aquarium. I stood up. "Well I gotta go, nice talking to you. And thanks for the smoothie."

"No problem, love." He did a two-finger salute, his old self completely back as he repeated, "I'll see you at the bar tonight."

A small smile tugged at my lips even though I shook my head at him.