Mamoru - six

Mamoru-six

I didn't want to say this again but some people just leave me no choice. There isn't a single chapter in this book that has less than 30 votes, yet the last one had only 23?

Please keep reading this message.

....

My mother is kind of pushing me to quit Wattpad, since it's not much help for my formal writing. The first thing that came to mind was that it's not fair for the readers that I discontinue all my works in the middle of it.

Thanks for the encouragement, really. 23 votes is totally acceptable. I thought this was my personal problem that nobody probably wanted to hear, but I guess if I quit people will move on eventually, the earth won't stop turning.

I'm sincerely grateful to the people who voted on the last chapter, for those who didn't and are continuing to read this chapter:

FLIP BACK THERE AND VOTE RIGHT NOW.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

You voted yet? Good.

Don't lie to me.

From now on, I'm blocking people who comments like "amazing! Can't wait for the next update!" and then doesn't vote.

I'm sorry for wasting your time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jayden's PoV

After continuing to feel guilty for two more hours, I finally inspected the profiles Kyoko shoved to me.

None of them were her.

'These are all the girls in the Academy?'

I texted Kyoko, and remembered to delete my message from my phone after sending it. She never replied. I guess she's asleep after this tiring day.

"I'm gonna get some dinner." I said as I jumped off my top bunk onto the concrete ground, "See you guys in an hour or so."

I wondered the streets of Tokyo, not entirely sure what I should get. Since I'm at the place, maybe I'll tend to some ramen or sushi?

♪I can't remember to forget you oh oh oh ohhh oh

An English song? I stopped in my tracks and tried to hear where the sound source was.

♪I keep forgetting I should let you go♪

My gaze snapped to a bar that's across the street.

♪But when you look at me

The only memory is us kissing in the moonlight♪

(Can't Remember to Forget You – Shakira/Rihanna)

I opened the door to the sea-blue and dark theme bar. Everyone around were turned towards a large stage at the back, where flashes of colorful lights illuminated a lead singer.

She had a beautiful voice.

The darkness and blinding flash lights prevents me from seeing her face, but the occasional glances are good enough. I can at least say... she looks like her.

I waited desperately until the current song ended. But unlike most concerts, the light doesn't shine on her after the song ends, it only got completely dark.

The audience started chanting encore.

Just then I realized I was frozen in place.

Through the dim lightings and her shadow, I can see her take an electric guitar.