1.4 | Cover Up

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⊱ ──── {⋆🐴⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆🐴⋆} ──── ⊰

It had been a few days since Lee's funeral, and Arizona had surprisingly managed to keep it together; she was a Dutton, after all. Arizona shook her head as she brushed one of the horse's coat watching as Rip and her father taped Jimmy to a horse's saddle. Arizona moved away from the horse and climbed up onto the fencing, she adjusted her hat and leaned forward to watch the outcome of the situation. She knew that the horse was the same one that Kayce had been trying to relax, he wanted it to keep its spirit but handed the horse off to John the day of the funeral.

"Look, I don't know nothing about horses," Jimmy told John and Rip, though both didn't care for that. "Well, you're getting a crash course, Jimmy," Rip replied to him. "It's the beginning of a new life for ya, Jim," Arizona called out with a grin gaining the three men's attention, Rip nodded to her as John smiled at his daughter. "Really?" Jimmy asked Arizona. "Oh yeah... No pain, no gain," Arizona replied to him before laughing to herself. "Should I pet him?" Jimmy asked Colby and Ryan who had approached the pen's fence.

Arizona climbed over the fence and headed toward the two cowboys, she climbed up between Colby and Ryan; doing a handshake with Colby in the process. "I don't think it's gonna make much difference," Rip answered Jimmy's question as Ryan turned his head to the woman standing next to him. "You pull this, so you don't flip back," Rip explained to Jimmy as he held the reins to him. "You understand? All right?" Rip asked him. "Ten bucks he tries to pull out within two minutes," Arizona told Colby who nodded, "I say it won't take a minute."

Arizona shook his hand before the two looked back toward Jimmy and the wild untamed horse that had fight in him. A lot of the cowboys began to crowd around the pen to watch Jimmy and the wild horse, Shane had approached Ryan, Colby and Arizona but Ryan ensured the man couldn't stand with Arizona. "Good luck, Jimmy," Rip told him as Arizona shook her head. "I'd expect some resistance," Ryan teased as he fiddled with the duct tape. "Define resistance," Jimmy asked him. "You be quiet," John told Ryan.

"Resistance, the kind of thing that defines itself, Jimmy," John told the younger cowboy as he climbed over the pen fence. Arizona leaned slightly toward Ryan as Jimmy kicked his foot, the horse instantly began to buck in an attempt to knock Jimmy off of his back. "Pull in those reins, Jimmy," Ryan called out but Jimmy wasn't listening as the horse continue to resist him. "Pull in the reins, Jim!" Arizona called out louder than the others, Jimmy attempted to glance at her but focused back on the untamed horse.

"God damn, that thing's a freight train," Rip commented while Arizona nodded in agreement. She adjusted her denim shirt as she climbed down the fence and walked toward her father, she kept her eyes on Jimmy before stopping next to John. "You know he's gonna be sore as hell later," Arizona told her father. "He'll survive," John replied as he spared a glance at Arizona before focusing back on the horse and Jimmy. Arizona shook her head before walking back toward her former spot, Ryan nudged her with a smirk before they focused back on Jimmy.