1.7 | Hurricane Heart

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
- Alrded Lord Tennyson

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⊱ ──── {⋆🐴⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆🐴⋆} ──── ⊰

Ten year old Arizona frowned as she watched Beth have a strange meltdown, the woman throwing her things all around her room in a way that seemed to help her. Lee had left early in the morning to work on the ranch with their father while Jamie had locked himself away in his room. Arizona knew it was the death anniversary of Evelyn Dutton but she never knew the woman and the only time she ever heard stories about her was in small moments when she would do something that reminded her father of her; even then it was short and sweet. She never asked because the one time she had, Beth had snapped at her so she never asked again.

Kayce had grabbed his sisters hand, closing Beth's door before leading his younger sister away from their older sister. "I want to help them, Kay," Arizona told her brother with a frown on her face, "I just don't know how." Kayce sighed at that, "You can help by showing a smile. You're happiness can brighten a room," Kayce told her, she truly took in his words and made it her mission to keep a smile on her face. "Can we bake for everyone? Cookies help me, maybe they can help them!" Arizona asked in excitement, Kayce smiled and agreed. The two headed to the kitchen, despite the mess, they had managed to bring smiles to everyone's faces.

⊱ ──── {⋆🐴⋆} ──── ⊰

Arizona leaned on the doorway watching as Jamie chased after Beth, the older Dutton woman snapped back at Jamie before pulling her dressing gown off to reveal her naked body without any shame. Arizona shook her head before looking toward the cowboys noticing how Rip was unimpressed, her eyes continued over the amused cowboys before locking with Ryan's. Ryan smiled at Arizona before tipping his hat slightly, Arizona smiled as a blush formed on her cheeks. Arizona cleared her throat before walking into the house. She looked up at the calendar, freezing in place at the realisation of what day it was.

She made her way into the lounge where her father sat with a coffee mug in hand. "Good morning, Dad," Arizona greeted as she adjusted her flannel shirt. "Morning, Arizona," John replied as he stood from the couch, walking toward her before kissing her head. She smiled up at him as he made his way out of the room, she wasn't sure what plans she had for the day but she had a feeling something interesting would be happening soon. Arizona decided she was gonna help the cowboys with whatever work they had for the day in hopes to distract her mind and ignore whatever her older sister got up to.

She stopped by the main pen while Rip dealt with Beth's situation, the brunette woman climbed up onto the fence and smirked at Colby and Ryan. "You two cowboys enjoying yourselves?" Arizona questioned with a mischievous glint. "Always, unless you're here to cause some trouble for us," Colby questioned with a raised brow. "Nope. Here to offer my services," Arizona replied to him with a smirk, she hadn't pranked the boys in a while so she'd have to think of one. "What kind of services?" Colby teased making Arizona punch his shoulder. "I meant with the jobs, perv," Arizona replied lightly.