1.9 | New Cowboy

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

"Look for your choices,
pick the best one,
then go with it."
- Pat Riley

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⊱ ──── {⋆🐴⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆🐴⋆} ──── ⊰

Arizona stood with her father, Rip and Jamie as Travis Wheatley showed off horses for John to buy. "Who do you wanna see first, John?" Travis asked John. "Surprise me," John replied as Arizona drank from her mug. "Hey, Andrea! Bring him!" Travis called out before turning back to John and the others, "This is Little Joe Cash. Nine-year-old stallion. He's a NHRA Futurity winner, AQHA World Champion." They watched as the horse ran before shocking it to a stop, Andrea leading the horse into circles as Travis continued, "He's a CRHA Challenge Futurity winner. The only thing he ain't won is the Kentucky Derby and that's 'cause he ain't no fucking racehorse."

Arizona nodded impressed with that, "How much?" Travis smiled at her before looking at John, "Mm... I could get 'em bought for about five." Jamie spoke up, "Five hundred seems cheap for a Futurity winner." Arizona snorted before looking at Jamie, "You know nothing, my dear brother. He means Five Million." Jamie raised a brow while Travis motioned to her. "Ah, for Hell's sake, Travis," John spoke up. "You said bring the best. That's the best right there," Travis told him. "You did say that, Dad," Arizona teased with a smirk as she climbed up the pen and sat on the fence. "Does it say 'I just moved here from San Diego' on my Goddamn hatband?" John questioned sarcastically.

"He's got a four thousand dollar stud fee, okay? He's booked for the full season, booking up for next year. He pays for himself in three years, all right? And then he keeps paying you," Travis explained to John who was watching the horse. "You wanna see a cheaper horse? You want to see a two hundred thousand dollar horse?" Travis asked John before turning to his crew, "Hey, Tom! Bring him down." Tom rode the horse down towards them as the others continued to ride the horses around. "That's pretty fancy," Rip commented as Tom picked up speed on the horse before shocking it to a uneasy stop.

"He's got about one hundred thousand in earnings. You gotta put this one of the road. You gotta go in. There's no guarantee with his babies, all right? He makes nice foals, but..." Travis trailed off shrugging his shoulders. "What's that one Tim's on?" Arizona asked with intrigued. "That's Custom-Made Gun," Travis answered her, she shared a look with John before they both turned back to the horse as Travis continued, "That's the horse that Kate McCutcheon's winning everything on. Hey, Tim! Bring him down!" Tim did as Travis ordered, the horse doing the same the others did. "He's angry and mean. You gotta have your big boy pants on when you ride that one," Travis added as the watched the aggression in the horse's turns.

"You could probably get him bought for about a million," Travis told John, "Okay? He's got two hundred thousand in earnings. But if you're looking to raise Cadillac Ranch horses, that is your stud." Jamie was clearly against it but Arizona was impressed by the so called mean horse, she turned to John, "It's your choice, Dad." Jamie shook his head and leaned over to John, "Why don't we just breed the one Kayce gave you?" John turned to him, "No one can ride the damn thing, Jamie." John turned to Rip, "Which one do you like?" Rip smirked as he spoke, "I like that five million dollar bastard that just spun a hole in the ground but it ain't my money."