①⑥

Jaemin was on his way to a lecture when suddenly some omega from a different course approached and joined him. The omega boy said the beta's name a couple of times as they talked. Jaemin was known. He was getting used to that. He had dated omegas from other courses before, even omegas on the same dorm floor as he. The information about him must've spread far. Jaemin was known to be a gentleman beta, and he liked it.

They talked a little about how chilly this morning was, then about the hardships of a student. Even though, the omega male engaged in the conversation very enthusiastically, Jaemin knew that these topics weren't the main reason he was there.

"So, are you seeing someone, Jaemin?"

Of course. The omega waited for the right time to ask this.

"I'm single for now," Jaemin replied honestly. "Still moving on."

Jaemin turned to the street where he could finally see the university building. Finally, as this omega was bothering him for a while.

"Don't get me wrong, but was the experience with your last lover so painful that you don't want to date yet? Are you heartbroken? I heard that, usually, you move on fast enough..."

"It did hurt a little," Jaemin said but caught himself lying as he felt no pain, no regrets for breaking up with Hyunwoo. "But I think that the reason why I'm still single is that I just don't want to date."

"But dating is cool, and everyone wants to date you, so..."

"I don't think I'm ready for that yet," Jaemin smiled at the omega, perhaps, blinding the latter with his pretty smile. Because the other boy stopped walking as if he was too stunned.

Jaemin took the opportunity that he just stopped the omega with his charm and walked away. But the boy ran after him.

"Tell me when you're ready!" the omega said, almost running out of breath.

Gosh, the omegas were suckers for good personality gentlemen, and on top of that, betas. The more Jaemin talked to them, the better he realized that bad boy alphas weren't popular among them.

"I will."

"Let me be first to know."

"Okay."

"Take my number!"

"Excuse me... Can I borrow Jaemin for a second?"

The omega and Jaemin flinched and then darted their eyes on Jeno, who just appeared out of nowhere. For the first time, Jaemin felt the pureblood's scent a little too late. But, seeing from how heavy the alpha breathed, it was obvious that he ran his way there. Perhaps, he was so fast that even his scent fell behind...

Jaemin wondered what was going out of the omega boy's body since he looked like he was secreting some very informative pheromones just as his eyes checked Jeno out. Was he attracted to the alpha, or was he annoyed that he interrupted his time with Jaemin? Too bad at that time Jaemin was on his new pill and had no clue about the omega's pheromones.

But he felt Jeno's. Even though they were weaker than usual, Jaemin could feel the alpha's determination to get rid of the omega. Just because of those chemicals, the boy nodded and walked away after waving to Jaemin.

"Why aren't you returning home?" Jeno went straight to the point. "You weren't there two nights already."

Jaemin looked away.

"Did I do something wrong? If so, tell me, I can't read what you're thinking," Jeno paused, then added more quietly: "There's nothing around you."

He meant pheromones.