Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Kyan is awoken the next morning by a medicine book being thrown at his head. The man lets out a loud squeak as he peaks his eyes open to see who the offender is that had thrown the object at him. He takes in Song Chin's pink-robed form a few feet from his bed. Her hands are placed upon her hips as she glares at him in a way that reminds him of the version of the girl that he knows so well back in his own present time.

"You're sleeping in again!" The girl shouts at him in annoyance, a scowl spreading across her face.

Kyan only lets out a groan as he sits up in bed, rubbing at his eyes as he stares up at the other girl sleepily. "It's still so early I don't understand what you're yelling for," he mumbles, rubbing at his head as an ache slowly starts to form there.

Song Chin lets out an exasperated sound as she glares at him. "You are completely unbelievable! What do you think would have happened if your father would have stopped in to talk to you and you were still fast asleep?"

Kyan scratches his chin as he attempts to think of a response to the words. "I would tell him that I just wasn't feeling well and needed a few hours more of sleep for my own health," he attempts at making up a well-believable excuse. "I am studying to be a healer so he would most-definitely believe me."

Song Chin only rolls her eyes at the boy. "You are honestly unbelievable. Would you take anything in life seriously for once?" She asks him with a raised eyebrow.

Kyan only shrugs. "What's the fun in that?" He asks the girl with a smirk, finding the way that this version of his best friend seems to get just as riled up as the one he knows always does when it came to his antics.

Song Chin forms that familiar furrow in her eyebrows that is identical to the one that his own Gin gets when she's at her wits end with his shit. She lets out a sound of annoyance as she thinks of a sarcastic comeback. "Maybe once you get married you'll take some of your responsibilities seriously."

At the reminder of the marriage his father had proposed the other day, he's letting out another groan as he shoves his head into one of his pillows, wanting to let out a scream into the soft silk. He almost forgot about the marriage, he was so ecstatic after his meeting with the extremely flirty version of Silas that existed in this weird universe, or whatever he was in, that he forgot all about the things that sucked about this world he was thrust into.

"I don't want to get married," Kyan finally admits as he pulls his head out of the pillow to stare up at the girl with the biggest pair of puppy dog eyes.

Song Chin lets out a small sigh as she sees the look of defeat upon her best friend's face. She quickly moves to sit beside the boy on the bed, even if it was improper of her, being an unmarried girl in his home, alone, sitting upon his bed just isn't appropriate. She knows that the man needs her comfort right now, however, and she would put her reputation on the line for her best friend in a heartbeat.

Song Chin places a hand onto Kyan's back as she rubs soothing circles into the muscles there.
"Why did you agree to such a thing then?" Song Chin asks the man curiously, even though she already suspects the answer to such a question.

"You know it's not my place to refuse such a thing as marriage. It is our parents decision in the end. You know this just as well as me," Kyan tells the girl simply, anxious about the thought of even having to fake something like that with a girl.