Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Kyan's a little nervous as he makes his retreat into the woods to his secret meeting with Shen. His heart is practically beating out of his chest at the prospects of hanging out with the other man. It isn't like he doesn't spend time with Silas back in his own time period, but it always seemed to end in the two of them getting into an argument. It would be nice to get to know a bit about a form of the other man, even if it isn't the actual him in a sense.

The leaves underneath his feet make a soft crunching noise as he follows the same path as the day before, finding the place that the two of them had agreed to meet beside the tree he had fallen out of and literally into the man's arms.

There Shen is, in the same emerald green colored robe from the day before. His long and dark hair cascading down his back in a regal curtain. The man smiles brightly as he sees him, and Kyan still can't get over the beautiful sight of the man's smile.

"Shen!" Kyan chirps in excitement as he skips the rest of the way to where the other man is standing, almost tripping on the edge of his robe in the process.

Shen only lets out a chuckle at the silly human boy he's already starting to develop deep feelings for. "Nice to see you again, Dai Tou," the man greets with a polite nod from his spot where he is sitting underneath the tree where the two of them had officially met.

Kyan takes a seat beside the taller man and turns to send him a bright smile. "I came just like you told me to, does this mean we're having an affair now?" He asks the other man, officially getting back all of his courage that had miraculously vanished during their first meeting.

Shen lets out a loud laugh, cocking his head back against the tree as he shakes his head at the other man's words.

He only turns to stare at the boy after he's calmed down from his loud chuckles. He stares at Kyan with that familiar pair of emerald green eyes. "Where were you hiding that personality yesterday?"

Kyan only shrugs as he sends the other man a smirk of his own. "I guess that there's more to me than what you thought," he tells him simply.

He doesn't want to openly admit to the other man that he had him completely flustered during their last meeting. That much that he couldn't even think straight, let alone flirt back.

Shen only shakes his head at the words, an amused smile spreading across his face. "Though to answer your question, are either of us married to call this an affair?" He asks the question with a raise of a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

Kyan lets out a small sigh at the question, not wanting to have to think about the mess that is awaiting him back in the mansion he is supposed to call home. He stares at the ground sadly as he decides to tell the other man about his problems.

"If my father has his wishes then I will be married to a daughter of the Chen Village within the next few weeks," Kyan tells the other man, fiddling with a dry leaf from upon the forest floor below him.

Shen is quiet as he observes the sad look spread across the other male's face. He can tell that these words deeply upset him, but he isn't sure how to inquire as to why such a thing would upset him so much.

"Why does that idea disagree with you so much, Dai Tou?" Shen asks, calmly. Deciding to just get straight to the point in asking the question he is curious about, himself.