∂ Chapter 01 ∂

Shit, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! Bryan thought as he rushed out to his car and headed to his pizzeria, praying to not cop any traffic. Luckily he didn't and arrived about ten minutes later than he usually did. "Sarah, I'm so sorry!" He apologised as he entered the main room in the pizzeria. "I don't think I set an alarm earlier..."

Sarah laughed. "Don't worry Bryan. But... we have a problem..."

Bryan groaned, sitting down opposite the redhead. He always hated the idea of his pizzeria having problems since the animatronics would always blame him or try to blame him if AI Afton was around. "What type of problem?"

Sarah looked at him apologetically before sliding over the rota for the week. "I forgot Leslie's on holiday for the week, and we have no one to do the night shift on such short notice. Her holiday started today."

"Well shit..." Bryan swore. "You sure we have no one else?"

"Not on such short notice," Sarah shook her head, hazel eyes glancing at the second rota for the day shift. "I mean, if we class it as overtime then, maybe Lola might do it but... I don't know. There's not really anything else. I have a family engagement this week that starts tomorrow, so I won't be in this week. I'm sorry, Bryan."

"Don't worry," he smiled. "I'll take the night shift for the week."

"You sure?"

"Yeah," he nodded, grinning at his employee. "I've done a couple night shifts in an old pizzeria I worked at, so I know relatively what to do. Besides, I usually come in after hours for a couple hours to make sure the animatronics are running smoothly for the next day."

"Thank you, Bryan!" Sarah thanked before she got ready to leave. Glancing at the clock, the brunette internally groaned. That means my shift doesn't start till 12 and it's currently 10. I have two hours to waste, great. "See you next week!"

"See you next week, Sarah. Have fun at that family thing," Bryan called back, waving the redhead goodbye as she left the main room. Now... what do I do for two hours? Humming to himself, Bryan headed to the security office, knowing he was going to be spending the night in there. I forget how stuffy these rooms are. Soon two hours passed, and the clock chimed 12. Time for the show to begin.

It started off simple with the animatronics wandering the pizzeria but as the time got closer to 6 am, they became more... erratic in their behaviour. Rockstar Foxy kept looking directly into the camera, a look in his eye that made Bryan shudder. Turning to look at a different camera, he almost screamed when a clawed paw grabbed his arm, the claws digging into his flesh. Grabbing the first thing he saw – which just so happened to be a flashlight – he shone it in the animatronics eyes and watched as it ran off before looking down at his arm. Great, that's gonna need stitches and it's most likely going to scar. What time is it?

5.58

Two more minutes... I can do this.

Looking at the cameras again, Bryan paled when he saw blood on Nedd Bear's paw. It was Nedd Bear that attacked me? Then again, why am I surprised? Animatronics are like this at night for... some reason.

6.00

I did it... I finished the first night! Now to go home, sort out my arm, and sleep for my shift later today. Great.