∂ Chapter 08 ∂

"May night five of seven begin..." Bryan sighed as he sat down in his seat, looking at the cameras to see Molten in his place and the others were awake and wandering around the main room just as the clock chimed 12. Well, they were wandering around the pizzeria in general, but it seemed a lot of them were moving to the main room. Odd, usually they're dotted around the place in their own little groups like the funtimes or the rockstars. Seeing them all together is... unsettling, especially considering the previous nights. "Baby and AI should be online soon and hopefully they're not like the others. Hopefully."

Humming a little tune to himself while he waited, the brunette couldn't help but feel on edge. Sure, he had help on the night shift now from three of his animatronics, but the others were still a set of wild cards. Heck, the three helping him were just as unpredictable as the ones who were against him! For all the business owner knew, Molten, Baby, and AI could easily malfunction like the others and attack him. Plus it would be easier for them to do it since they're in his vicinity, especially AI and Baby.

Hearing a small tune from behind him, the man smiled as AI powered on. "Morning, AI," he greeted, tilting his head when he didn't get a response. "AI?" Still nothing. Turning around, Bryan screamed when he saw the rabbit launching at him, hands out to scratch him. Back when the boy was a child, he had forced himself to learn self defence just in case anything were to happen. Gulping down his fear, Bryan raised his foot and kicked the robotic rabbit into the vents, quickly placing Baby in there as well just in case.

Why didn't it work tonight!? He thought frantically, shining his flashlight in each of the vents before opening the cameras, seeing Rockstar Bonnie watching the one in the male bathroom with a sinister look in his eyes. It's worked the other nights so why not tonight!? Wait... does that mean Molten's the same? Shit.

The animatronics themselves were acting different tonight, much more erratic than they had the first three nights of the week. It seemed odd to Bryan, considering that they weren't ever like this during the day, and he just randomly came on the night shift since one of his employees are on holiday and they begin to act like this. Was it something he had said? Something he had done? Something he wore? Or was it just them malfunctioning? Bryan didn't know anymore.

Whimpering as he heard the sounds of wires scratching against the vents, he prepared himself for Molten to attack him and possibly kill him. What he didn't expect is for the animatronic to pull himself into the office and completely ignore him, instead powering off the moment he entered. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Ignoring the giant pile of wires that was supposed to be a Freddy animatronic, Bryan turned back to the cameras and flinched when he saw that Mr Hippo was at the entrance of the vent system. This isn't good, this isn't good, this isn't good! Internally freaking out never did the man any good, especially in little spaces.

Suddenly Molten powered on behind him, eyes glowing in the dim light. "Molten?" Bryan's voice shook, his panic and fear evident. "Molten, please... please tell me you're normal! Please!" Molten didn't respond but just kept looking at him, eyes calculating. "Molten..." Seeing him preparing to leap, Bryan sighed and accepted his fate, bowing his head as a tear of fear trickled down his cheek. So this is how it ends...

"Goodnight, security guard," Molten whispered before he launched forward, diving into the vents as Bryan side stepped. Sorry, Molten, but I want to get out of this alive. At least this time. For a moment he forgot about Mr Hippo until he felt a mechanical jaw lock onto his right wrist, the man crying out in pain as a chunk of his skin was ripped out of his wrist, the purple hippo animatronic ran back into the vents. That hurt.

Huffing, he turned to the camera only to flinch when Lefty's claws scratched at his neck. Luckily Bryan stepped back from the vent just in time and the black bear animatronic was only able to get the base of his left wrist. Shit, they really are feral tonight. Flashing his flashlight at the bear, he watched as he ran away, taking shelter in the vents. What time is it?

4.59

Gosh, it's been four hours already? Well it's only going to get worse from here.

"Oh night guard!" Foxy's voice echoed through the vents, his hook clanging against the metal casing of the vents. "Look at you, night guard. Now, I know someone told you about revenge, so here's my revenge!" Suddenly the hook was coming at him and there was no where he could go. Shit, shit, shit! A scream of pure agony ripped through his lungs as the metal hook made contact with his left eye and yanked and yanked and yanked until he could no longer see out of it. Looking at the fox animatronic shakily, the man threw up when he saw his eye on the hook, perfectly pierced right through the middle.

Foxy left soon after, leaving Bryan to bleed profusely from his left eye socket which was now just a gaping hole. That's when it seemed as though all his animatronics came for him. by 5.30, the man was no longer recognisable. His right lower leg was twisted completely in the wrong direction, his arms were bent oddly out of shape, his head was bleeding profusely, and there were scratches, bites, and bruises dotted all over his body.

Bryan groaned as he crawled through the vents, whimpering as he put pressure on his body. It hurts so much... I just wanna go home... Soon he made it out of the vent system and let out a cry as he fell out. He noticed he wasn't in the main room and that he was in the Starlight Stage room meaning he had to crawl further. Beginning the agonising crawl to the main room, Bryan couldn't help the tears that he cried as he was forced to put pressure on every single part of his body.

By the time he got to in front of the Rockstar Stage, Bryan was almost ready to pass out. Is this what death feels like? Slowly a battle became apparent for Bryan. A battle between consciousness and unconsciousness, and it was all too apparent that unconsciousness would win.

As the clock chimed 6, indicating the end of Bryan's shift, the man could crawl no longer and slowly succumbed to the fatigue calling out to him. Before he did, the last thing he saw was the look of horror on one of his employee's face upon seeing his condition.

"Bryan!"