The burger

You sit down at the dinner table with your mom.
"Hey sweetie," she says " I'm going to head out and sell feet pics. Are you okay eating by yourself?"
You look down at the plate in front of you. It's a triple decker bacon cheeseburger with animal style French fries.
"Yeah that's fine," you say " I'll just put on a podcast or something."
Your mom moves to grab her purse and calls out as she leaves the dining room, "see you later sweetiekins!"
You look back down at your plate. The food seems to grow in size.
Did it look like this before?
Why does it look so scary?
What does animal style even mean??
You groan and bury your face in your hands.
"I can't do it," you breathe as a tear runs down your cheek.
"Yes you can y/n," an echoing voice says in a smooth calming manner.
You look up. Startled by the sudden voice you yell. "Who are you? I'm calling the cops!"
A man walks out of the wall opposite you.
"No need to call the cops y/n," he says as he comes around the table and pulls out the chair next to you. The tall man sits down, folds his hands together and placed them on the table. He looks at your dinner and then shifts his gaze back to you. His deep blue orbs seem to see right through the tough exterior you always try to keep up.
"Y/n," he starts before you cut him off. "I was serious before. Who. Are. You?"
The man nods realizing that the situation may be odd to most people.
"My name is Dirk. My job is to support folks who are having a hard time with food, in any capacity. I live inside the walls and come out when I see my support could be beneficial," he explains.
You quickly shift your eyes away from Dirk's piercing focus.
"I know I can eat this," you say tentatively "I just don't know how to start."
Dirk places his hand on yours and your gaze lifts to meet his. "I think I can help with that," he whispers as he picks up one of the animal fries from your plate, "this skill is called bite for bite."
He holds the fry up and motions for you to do the same.
Hesitantly you pick up one of the saucy French fries.
"Now, for this skill we are going to take a bite of our individual fries at the same time," he explains. "I can count us down if you'd like?"
You look from the dripping wet fry to Dirk. You nod your head.
"One."
You take in the color of the sauce. The feeling of the fry in your hand.
"Two."
You look to Dirk. He gives you a reassuring nod.
"Three."
You and Dirk both lift fries to your mouths in perfect synchrony. The taste of the animal style sauce tickles your taste buds and make your mouth water.
You swallow the fry and look to Dirk. He smiles at you. "I'm proud of you," Dirk says as he pushes his chair away from the table and stands up. He straightens his tie and goes back towards the wall he originally emerged from.
"Wait," you exclaim. Dirk pauses and looks over his shoulder to meet your eyes.
"Um," your start "will I ever see you again?"
Dirk gives you a smile before turning and walking into the wall. But not before you hear his answer.
"Of course y/n."