A Holiday Miricle

You roll out from under your cozy duvet, yawning as you stretch and crack your back. Rubbing your sleepy eyes, you slip on a pair of fuzzy slippers and head to the bathroom to prepare for the day.

As you are chilling on the toilet, you see a TikTok about an Elf on the Shelf gone horribly wrong. After paying your respects in the comment section with a dove and broken heart emoji, you realize. Today is Christmas Day! However unfortunate it was to be reminded of the occasion by an Elf burning down a historic home, you were super excited to celebrate.

You head downstairs and into the kitchen where your Mom is cooking her classic Christmas morning breakfast. The kitchen was newly renovated as your mom's feet pic selling business had skyrocketed over the past few months.

"Good morning, Y/N," your mother chirps as she expertly flips a pancake and cracks an egg one-handed. On top of being a foot model, she was a French-trained Michelin star chef. "Happy Christmas sweetums!"

"Happy Christmas Mum!" you reply, checking out the breakfast spread your mom had prepared for the family. She had really pulled out all the stops this year. Biscuits, gravy, pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, fried eggs, sunside-up eggs, poached eggs, waffles, bacon, turkey bacon, and cinnamon rolls. She was an egg specialist at culinary school.

"You must've been up for hours, look at all this food! It's too much, really" you say gawking at the concerningly vast assortment of eggs. "You could've woken me up to help."

Your mom waved you off with her spatula in hand. "It was no trouble really sweetie-kins, I got help anyways."

"From who?" You question, peering around, as you two were the only ones awake in the house.

"Well with all the extra income I decided to hire a private personal assistant chef to help out with meals today. Just to make things extra special this year."

Emerging from the pantry door came a average height man with a balding head, bright eyes and a merry smile.

You would recognize that man anywhere. It was Mr. Dirk Miller!

"Good morning!" He said cheerily. He whisked up some more eggs casually as if he hadn't just walked through solid wood. Of course, you knew this hidden talent of his, but you didn't know he could cook!

"Baby sweets why don't you wake everyone else up and we could open stockings while Mr

"Baby sweets why don't you wake everyone else up and we could open stockings while Mr. Miller finishes up breakfast?" Your mom asks.

Nodding, still in shock, you hurry upstairs and wake the rest of the family members, sending them down to the living room.

Opening stockings goes swimmingly. You get lip balm, socks, a rock, a mini bottle of Fireball (which your mom takes away), and some nail polish. Everyone else finished up and started to make their way to the dining room where 'Mr. Miller' was likely setting breakfast up.

You remained in the living room, the fire warming your cold cold toes.

"Why don't you put those new socks on those dogs of yours y/n?" A smooth voice says.

"Dirk?" You call whipping your head around trying to locate the old wisecracker, but he is nowhere to be seen. Of course you had overlooked the most obscure yet obvious wood surface he could emerge from. The fire place.

"Finally found me?" Dirk chuckled deeply. Finanlly he surfaces from the burning logs, dusting soot off of his impossibly clean and pressed suit.

"One of my more impressive entrances, yes?" He says, looking back at the crackling flames. "Let me get a bit more dressed for the occasion." He hides behind the Christmas tree and returns, wearing the same exact outfit, this time fashioned with a glittery santa hat.

"How do I look?" Dirk asks, striking a pose. "Nevermind don't answer that."

Finally you are able to overcome your recent shock enough to form and speak a few words.

"I..i..h-h..how,, t-tt-hee FF-IR-IrEEE!!!" You manage to choke out.

"Don't even worry about it, I'm immune to high heats." Dirk brushes your concern off and takes a small wrapped box out of his jacket pocket. "A Christmas gift, from me to you."

Gingerly you take the box from the man standing in front of you and unwrap it. Inside was a folded up piece of paper, with what looked like written instructions.

"The cure to an eating di-" you begin to read.

Dirk snatches it out of your hand. "Sorry wrong box y/n," he says rummaging around his numerous jacket pockets. "Here it is!"

Taking the correct present you gently unwrap it. Inside was a small box, and inside of the box was-

"Mr.Dirk!" you exclaim in glee. "Its amazing! I can't thank you enough."

Inside of the box was one half of a friendship necklace. "But where is the other half?"

"Right here y/n," Dirk says, patting his chest. He pulls the necklace out from under his button-up and holds it out.

You put your half on and reach the charm to meet Dirk's.

Bite For Bite, it read.

Tears began to cascade down your face

Tears began to cascade down your face. "Thank you Dirk, for everything you've taught me and everything you will teach me."

"Y/N, BREAKFAST IS SERVED, COME EAT BABY SWEETS!"

You turn your head back to say goodbye to Dirk, but he was already gone. He must've left through the fireplace and all that was left was the Santa hat and some mystery crumbs.

 He must've left through the fireplace and all that was left was the Santa hat and some mystery crumbs

A/N

The ending of this chapter felt like the end of this book BUT IT ISN'T. Maybe it's the last installment for this year idk. Happy Holidays to all my Biters out there <3