The Birthday Party

You throw your hair up into a messy bun and sit down in front of the mirror in your room. Grabbing your makeup bag you start getting ready for your best friend's cousin's dog sitter's girlfriend's 30th birthday party. What was a y/age year old going to do at a party for old people? It was too early to find a sugar daddy, too early to commit insurance fraud, and too early to try to be written into their wills.

Ring Ring Ring

You pick up your iPhone 4s and answer the call from your bestie.

"Hey slayboss wha-"

Your best friend cuts you off before you can finish.

"There's a boyband coming to the party!" They yell.

You move the phone away from your ear to prevent anymore hearing damage. "Is it like a bunch of neighborhood kids who are emo and listen to really 'underground' music like MGK and Kanye?" You ask, continuing to do your makeup as the conversation wasn't interesting you.

"No, it's better than that!! It's a boy band flying in from Britain! Apparently the Irish one is a friend of a friend of a friend who is doing them a favor!"

Immediately you drop your makeup brush. It clatters to the floor and you freeze in shock. "I'll call you back," you say numbly, emotions being hard to process at this moment. You hang up on your friend mid sentence then start to freak the fuck out.
"I need a better outfit. I need to wash my hair! God I need to shower and do a full body shave. I need to... I need to.."
You ramble on, throwing clothes out of your closet, heating up your straightening iron and making a complete mess in your room.
You collapse into the pile of your clothes and start to rock yourself back and forth.
"They're not gonna like me. They'll think I'm lame. I'm not even interesting. How can I compete with people like Kendall Jenner??"
As you cry and sob about how much the famous boy band won't like you, the door to your room creaks open.
You look up from your snot and tear stained pile of unwearable clothes to see the kind man who is always there to lift you up and support you.
"What's the matter y/n?" He asks gently squatting down next to you.
"I-I-I. They're g-gonna hate me!" You stutter.
Dirk takes in the complete and utter mess of your bedroom, which gives him a solid understanding of your current mental state.
"Y/n, it's time for another lesson. This one is called cognitive distortions. There are many types but the one you are experiencing is forecasting or fortune telling.
"A cognitive distortion is your brains way of lying to you in an unhelpful way."
"So my brain is gaslighting me??" You exclaim.
Dirk considers this before answering. "I guess that is one way to understand it. But let's work on challenging these thoughts and judgments you're having."
You stay silent and just stare at Dirk. Your opinions are right. You should know, you're a Virgo sun.
He allows the silence to sit for a slightly uncomfortable amount of time before speaking.
"I'll offer some, how about that? Do you know these people? Have they ever met you? Have you ever met them? If not there is no way of knowing what they'll think of you. For all you know one might be your future partner or the person that kills you."
You furrow your brows at that part.
"I guess I don't know them. And they don't know me," you say putting the pieces together "there's no way of knowing how our interaction will go."
Dirk gives you a wide, glowing smile. "That's exactly right y/n!"
Wiping the tears off of your face you stand back up and take in the mess of your room.
"But I still don't have an outfit for the party," you pout.
Dirk moves to the other side of your room and pulls out a bag.
"Luckily, I thought ahead in case this happened."
He hands you the paper bag and when you look inside you are shocked that Dirk has such good fashion sense for his demographic.
"Wow Dirk," you say astonished. "I don't know how to thank you."
He smiles even wider and replies "just have a good time and dance your heart out y/n."

A/N
Hope you all liked this chapter! My birthday is tomorrow and my wish is for Dirk to choose an outfit for me. I just know he is an absolute fashionista.
Also this is the outfit he choose for y/n ❤️❤️❤️❤️