My Bestfriend's Friend (E.O)

Lizzie's POV

Scarlett invited me to her house for Rose's 7th birthday. I'm currently driving to her house, New York traffic is the worst. I left my house like 30 minutes ago, and I'm still here. As I was driving, my phone rang and I saw Scarlett's caller ID.

Scarlett: Please tell me you're on your way?

Me: Yes, I am. I'm just stuck in traffic.

Scarlett: Oh thank god! Thought something happened to you. I'll see you later.

Me: Okay, see ya!

I dropped the call and drove as fast as I could. It took me another 15 minutes to arrive at her house. I parked my car in her driveway, there's another car which is unfamiliar to me. I shrugged my shoulders and went to her front door. I knocked three times before an unfamiliar man opened the door.

"Oh hi! You must be Elizabeth? She's in the kitchen, she's been waiting for you." he greeted me with a warm smile as he led me to Scarlett.

Once I'm in the kitchen, Scarlett pulled me in for a tight hug, which I gladly accepted. "Hi, how are you?" she asked once we pulled away from our hug.

"I've been good. I have a few projects in LA for next year, so I'm staying here in New York for a while."

"That's great! Thanks for coming, by the way."

"That's no biggie. Anything for my goddaughter." I happily said, "But, who's the guy? Is he the new lover boy?" I asked with a teasing smirk.

She laughed softly as she shook her head, "Oh no. He's cute but not my type." she denied, "He's my best friend. Remember? My military friend. He just got home, and he lives in LA, but he's staying with me." she explained.

I nodded my head, "Why is he staying with you?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Not my story to tell, Liz." she simply responded.

I nodded my head once again. I offered her my help which she gladly accepted. While we're cooking, Scarlett's friend came into the kitchen.

"You need help with something?" he softly asked Scarlett.

"Not here in the kitchen, Y/n." Scarlett said in a joking tone. Y/n, that's his name.

Y/n laughed, "Don't be like that, I'm a great cook." he said with a cocky smirk.

"Yeah, sure. But, I'd appreciate it if you could get some beers from the store. We're kinda out of stock." Scarlett asked politely, "I wonder why?" she added with a teasing tone.

"Hey, drinking beer is my coping mechanism, don't blame me." he said as he raised both of his hands in surrender.

All three of us laughed as I was still cooking while the two friends were firing at each other back and forth. Y/n then went out to get some beers, as me and Scarlett continued cooking before the guests started to pile up. I was cleaning the mess we made in the kitchen when Y/n came in and put the beers on the chiller.

Once he's done, he walked over to me and cleared his throat, "Hi umm, I didn't get the chance to introduce myself." he started off, "I'm Y/n, I'm Scarlett's best friend." he introduced himself.

I softly smiled at him, "I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Lizzie."

"Yeah I know." he said, but he shook his head, "I mean, I'm a fan. I know who you are." he said, getting all shy.

"Hey, it's okay." I said as I put a comforting hand on his toned shoulder. God, he's so hot. Damn it, Lizzie. You just met him.

"Right. I'll see you later." he said as I nodded my head. After I cleaned the kitchen, me and Scarlett went outside to join the party with the guests and the birthday girl. I find myself looking at Y/n's shirtless body carrying Rose to the pool. He's so beautiful and hot without him trying hard.