Bereaved 2 (E.O) 🍋

MALE READER

In case you forgot or missed, Y/N's a pilot

Life turns bland upon their head. A broken marriage vow.

The once colored life became the most pale. Y/N had enough, he was done fixing their marriage. He was done begging Lizzie to work with him. Lizzie noticed how her husband stopped making efforts, he was now the one who drowns himself in work.

Lizzie can't deny how she felt bad that night, when she didn't consider Y/N's feelings and left him to cry all night. And now, she's determined to make it better.

Y/N is currently packing for his flight. After Lizzie finished filming her series, he decided to get to work before he got fired.

Lizzie walked inside their bedroom, watching her husband put the last pieces of clothing he needed.

"Hey," she softly greeted as she walked closer to him.

"Hi," Y/N looked back at his wife.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" she asked.

"I'll be gone for 3 to 5 days. I'm flying to Europe." he replied as he continued packing.

There was a long pause between them. Only the sound of Y/N's luggage being zipped is the thing they can hear. Lizzie is still trying to figure out how to talk to his husband without him cutting her off or dismissing her.

"Y/N," she called out, softly. The man looked at her, "Are we okay?" she questioned her husband, shyly.

Y/N placed his luggage on the floor before looking back at his wife, "What do you mean?" he chuckled.

Lizzie shakes her head, "You know what I mean, Y/N. Are we good?" Lizzie asked once again, but this time a little more aggressive.

"Liz, I'm leaving tomorrow. I don't need us to fight before I leave you here alone." Y/N sighed.

"JUST ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION," Lizzie yelled as she started to pace around the room.

"NO!" Y/N yelled back, "We're not okay. We're not good. Ever since our son died-"

"Don't mention him-"

"No! I'm going to tell you this. Ever since Clark died, it's like you died too. Not only did I lose my kid, I also lost my wife. Now, you don't get to ask me that question, because you know damn well we're not!"

Lizzie stopped her movements and stared at her husband who is now pointing his index finger on her. She was stunned by his sudden outburst. This was not the reaction she expected.

Y/N dropped his finger, shaking his head. His eyes are betraying him, hot tears coming out of his eyes are unstoppable. He sat down on the edge of their bed as he buried his face on his palms.