I took my last bag into my hands, my purse slipping out of the crook of my arm.
I sigh deeply, letting go of the bag to fix the purse on my shoulder, before grabbing the bag again.
If I wasn't a constant clutz back then, I surely was now.
I walk out of the empty room with a satisfied smile. HAHA! JOKES ON YOU, BAGS!

"Stephen, I'm ready!" I call, pausing for a reply that doesn't come.
I merely roll my eyes and walk down the stairs, finally collecting myself at the bottom, most of my luggage already in Happy's waiting car.
I look to the top of the stairs in a faint desperation, where I meet Stephen (entering the room very dramatically) and I smile in relief.
"Didn't wanna leave before my last goodbye." I exhaled, throwing my arms over his stiff body, dipping my head into his chest.
"Thank you." I breathe, and I felt him relax... kinda.
"Your not so bad, kid." He said, his eyes shining.
"Now leave, I don't need another migraine." He scoffed, playfully pushing me away.
"Oh, please, your just a softie." I said, raising my chin in playful superiority. 
"Sure, sure." Stephen answerred, pushing me to the door.

I exit the large front doors of the sanctum and get into Happy's car, asking myself why I didn't just teleport myself with my new-learned magic.
I look out to the skyline, the Avengers towers lighting up against the sun.

I look in my purse and pull out my phone, grimacing at the last text Peter sent me, about 2 weeks ago, left at read.
I scrape by all my courage and achieve, not having the guts to delete our chat.
Taking a relieving breathe, I go to Instagram and slowly swipe through all my new notifications.

The app barely manages to distract me long enough,

Arriving at the Tower was something I didn't think I'd dread, but I did.
The tower was a symbol of power and superiority. Of richness and whatever else you want to throw in.
Amd every inch of the building in all its glory sent me whizzing into a frenzy, that is, untill Dad flew down in his suit.
"Hello, love" he smiled, his eyes warmer than I thought possible.
"Hey, Dad. How are you?" I replied, stepping into the metallic arms.
"Same old." He whispered, a chuckle lingering on his lips. "How was the stay at Strange's?"
I smile as I go to hug the suit again, this time, my Dad's helmet open.
"It was brilliant, Dad! I know magic!" I felt giddy as I bit my lip down in a smile, a habit I learned on the past month or so.
"I'm proud of you." He almost sang, kissing my forehead and leading me inside.
"How's life at the tower?" I asked, angling my body towards my Dad.
"Quite peachy. Nat started her own form of a self-defense class, and most of the team's helping out. Peter moved in too."
I nodded, pretending as if the mention of Peter wasn't awkward. I was truly happy for Nat, regardless.

"Speaking of, Nat didn't really call or text, do you know why?" Dad furrowed his brows, "well, no. But she was probally busy."
He helped me onto the elevator, his smile pretty bright.

Immediatly after the elevator' s ding, I was greeted with the giddy boy i was purposefully avoiding. Peter.

"HIY/NHOWAREYOUIMISSEDYOUOMGYOULOOKSOCOOLDOYOUKNOWMAGIC???" his words all morphed into one, long sequence, and I mentally cringed at him.

"Hello, Peter...." I grimaced, stepping past him. I sensed his demenour dropping, probally taking the hint.
"Come, Y/n, Nat and the gang are waiting for you in the living areas, its been a while."
I smile at him, forcing the awkward encounter with Peter to the back of my mind.
Also, why didn't I just teleport in, in the first place-? I swear, I always make stuff harder for myself.

I felt bad about Peter, I really did.... But to some degree, I couldn't bring myself to still like him. He was sweet and all, but... 

As I took in the view of the living room as I slowly approached it, I noticed how absolutely relaxed everyone was. Bucky was on the couch, staring at everyone, Sam and Cap where busy talking to Nat, who was draped over the couch, and Thor seemed to be smirking at his own reflection. "Hello, there, avengers." I say swiftly, allowing my bags to fall to the floor as three full grown men jumped over the couch in greeting. 

Nat slowly strolled over. "Liechiben, you look so healthy!" The redhead said, kissing my forehead. 

"It's all the therapy. It's just all been such an amazing experience." Nat pulled me in for a hug. "Bean! You must've truly enjoyed it!" Thor exclaimed, rather loudly, into the room. "Yeah, I did." I laughed I'm reply. 

"And Strange has been kind?" Steve added, causing me to smile up to him. 

I wasn't exactly able to remember what my relationship with each of these people were before my condition, nor during it, but the underlying sense of relief everyone had was refreshing. 

"Lets get you settled, dear." Nat said, taking my arm and leading me to my old room with my bags in tow. 

Once we got into my room, I plopped onto my bed. "A real mantras feels good, you know?" I remarked, suddenly getting tired. "Hmmm..." Nat hummed in reply, causing me to look up. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Peter looks like h was just hit by a bus." She stated, still starting to unpack my things.

"We're over. He knows that. He needs to accept that." 

"He's heartbroken. And you.... Well, you look hurt when you look at him. Is this because of what hap-"

Suddenly, I leapt up. "NO! Jesus, I just come back from 8 weeks of getting better and you are so insensitive as to immediatly assu-"

"You know that's not what I'm doing, Y/n." "Yes it is, Natasha. What else do you call it?" 

Nat looked offended. "Y/f/n, don't you dare. You were head over heels for him. You would pour yourself into work that involved him." "Thats because I created him, Nat. I made the sliders. I made him. My infatuation with the boy was probably just because I was responsible for him." 

Nat didn't reply. I didn't look at her. "I guess I understand how you feel now...." I heard a timid voice say. I looked up and saw Peter in the doorway, his brows furrowed angrily. "Its sufficed to say I'm no longer your responsibility now. Sorry for being a bother." Then he walked away. 

"I-" I didn't go after him. I froze. 

"Get settled in, Liechiben. Come down again in an hour or two. There's gonna be a welcome home party." With that, Nat left. I felt shitty.