0-8

sun still rising, everything was at peace.

the fresh light shining down made everything feel anew. that entity itself reminded beings of a new awakening, a new day. something to look bright upon for a new future. birds were singing, flowers were blooming..

and on days like this, kids like you..

"..should be burning in hell.."

"y--y/n! a-are you alright!?"

"..the one who keeps throwing boulders at me should be burning in hell.." on the ground, there was she, who was clenching her hands into fist while crimson liquid continued to drip down her head. "..what if i get dumber, muzan? my braincells are few enough as it is.. what if i.."

"g-great heavens..! w-we should go back and have your head checked! your head is cracked open once again!"

"i recognize that word.. great heavens, huh.. are you saying the heavens are great for dropping another boulder at me!? are you.. talking behind my back using japanese?"

"n-no! that's not what i-"

"fuck you! i hope you trip and fall!"

"wait! p-please, let me explain..!"

the pale boy attempted to stand up and run towards her. but all he got to do while he was halfway close to her was trip and fall.

"d-damned legs..!" falling pathetically on the ground was not in his set of plans to reach the (h/c)nette. damn it, his body was disappointing him longer and longer.

a new drive pushed itself in his train of thoughts. his body was so weak--so frail, that he can't even help his dear friend stand up after being injured. his body was always failing him one way or another..

if this keeps up..

an unsettling thought rushed inside of his mind. and slowly but surely, that thought will soon turn into such a scary desire.

a longing he'll soon be desiring for at least one thousand years into the future.

he blinked his thoughts away.

no need to settle on such hopes, it was futile anyway. his doctors said so himself, that he will not be even reaching the age of twenty.

how horrendous.

struggling to make his way towards the (h/c)nette's bleeding figure, he slowly raised a shaky hand and held her own. "y/n, you.. you need to bandage your injury..!"

"tis but a flesh wound-"

"you'll die from blood lost!" the boy pointed at the bloody boulder. "y-you see that boulder to your right? under there is a crater! if there is a crater after a boulder dropped, then surely your head must have a crater too!"

"are you saying my head has a dent!?"

"yes! wait, no! i--i don't know! so you have to-"

cold sweat began to form on her temple as a broken modern toy got into her head. "OH GOD.. MY HEAD IS LIKE THOSE SQUEEZED BARBIE HEADS NOW, RIGHT!?"

"n-not exactly..! but we still have to-- we have to check!" switching from japanese to english was so not cool of him, but given that he is panicking.. his wordings were understandable. his friend is slowly dying right in front of his eyes.

"muzan! if i ever need surgery, please kill me instead with that arrow immediately! there.. there is no such thing as anesthesias here.." eyes widened in fear, she looked up at him with her expression formed into one with horror. "..are there..?"