004

We're still in the room getting ready. Kenji is explaining why he gets a suit and why Adam doesn't and why I didn't at first. His suit helps him blend in easier. My suit covers my skin and prevents it from getting wounded easily after teleporting.

"Besides," Kenji stretches his arms out. "I look sexy as hell in this outfit."

"Okay.." I side-eye him, arms crossed. "I look way sexier though."

Juliette holds back laughter.

"Keep dreaming Peachy, you'll someday look as sexy as me."

"I look sexier than you and I've only had my suit for a day," I say, looking in the mirror. The suit hugs me everywhere I need it to.

"Sure..." Kenji says as he pats me on the head.

"Fuck off Kenji.." I swat his hand away.

Kenji looked the least bit sexy. In my opinion. He's like an older brother to me. He's always been there in a comforting, older brotherly way. Not sexy at all. 

"Oh she's mad now," Kenji says, "Juliette watch out she might read our minds."

"Maybe I will, how the hell are you going to stop me?"

Kenji grins mischievously and I know it's going to be bad, "I'll tell Juliette here about how you've had a huge crush on—"

He's talking about my crush on Adam- I wouldn't even call it a crush. All I did say was that he was hot to Kenji when they came back and when I didn't know he and Juliette were and thing, and when they were, I didn't do anything. 

I'm not celebrating that they're broken up. Of course, I wouldn't do that, it's just now that I can make moves on him. Not that I would. Juliette is a friend of mine and I wouldn't do anything to upset her.

And I'm not sure if I want anything to do with him. He seems pretty hooked on Juliette.

"Okay! Okay! I'm not sexy!" I raise my hands in defense as the lie spews from my mouth.

"Sure you are." Adam's voice sounds from behind me.

I turn to see him standing in the doorway, arms crossed loosely around his chest. Standing there like he didn't just call me sexy in front of his ex.

"Wow." Is the only word that leaves my mouth as my hand finds the back of my neck.

My face burns as Juliette and Kenji both stare at me.

This totally isn't awkward.

Adam laughs, face red. He looks like he regrets saying a thing. I would too if I were him.

Kenji looks confused. He gives me a look that says "when did this happen?"

I only shrug towards him because it didn't happen. I don't think I've ever talked to Adam one on one. Not that I would've minded it, it's just never occurred. 

And I mean, wow, he really moved on fast. 

"I cannot believe you," Juliette whispers, she shakes her head. The sentence was directed toward Adam but I felt like it was toward me too. I also feel like I deserved it for some odd reason.

I meet Adam's eyes. He looks guilty.

Juliette is the first person to say something to shift the conversation back to normal. "Adam, do you have any guns?" She asks.

"Yeah, I do." He says. "You just can't see them."

Kenji grins, ready to make things less awkward— more normal.

"Invisible guns, huh? That's cute. I don't think I even went through that phase." Kenji picks a piece of invisible dust off of his suit.

Adam shoots Kenji a dirty look. "I have nine different weapons concealed on my body right now. Would you like to choose the one I use to shoot you in the face? Or should I?"