007

I've been to Warner's cell two times since the first time I was in there. I have ventured into his mind, and, in simple terms, it's odd. It's not what you would expect to be in the mind of a killer. Quite frankly, whenever I stumble upon one of his killings, I never feel particularly uncomfortable.

Which is totally fucking weird because I should be uncomfortable. But I feel what he felt and every single time he kills someone, it's pride and reassurance that I feel. I haven't gone very deep into his head, the farthest I have gotten is maybe the past two weeks. But it all comes in pieces. I still have yet to pry out where the hostages are being kept.

He must be blocking me somehow. In the past when I used to do interrogations, I was often in and out with no problem, but these people usually have nothing to hide. Warner, on the other hand, has a lot to hide and since he's well aware that I'm reading his mind, he's likely blocking me from seeing anything he doesn't want me to see.

We've also gotten more comfortable around each other. I'm not scared that he'll pin me against the wall again and he doesn't put up any fight when I'm going into his head.

I'm on my way to his cell now to see if I can talk my way into getting him to tell me where the hostages are. Though it's probably easier to keep searching through his head, I'm drained and don't have enough energy to do that today. Plus, Castle told me to take a step back and relax for a moment.

I nod to the guards outside of his cell before they open the door and close it behind me. I start moving to my spot (the wall facing the door) to sit but I stop. Warner is dead asleep on a mattress they must've given him last night. He's in nothing but boxers and his back is to me.

Scars spread over the span of his back and I just sit there staring. There is a tattoo on his back too but I can't make it out. I look towards the door, tempted to go outside and wait until he wakes up but curiosity takes over me. I creep towards where he is sleeping, just close enough to see the word "IGNITE" in the middle of his upper back.

I stand up from my crouched position and press the back of my hand to my forehead. I haven't reached any part of his memories that included this. I mean, these scars have to have been given to him when he was younger as most of them are faded, but still. I close my eyes.

Anderson beat his kid. What else did I expect?

For once in my life, I feel bad for Warner. I have no idea who he is or what he's been through and this just proves that even more. It reminds me of my dad and my past. No, my dad never beat me, but he was still a shitty person. Not as shitty as Anderson.

I'll come back when he's awake.

I step back and something crinkles under my foot. My head shoots up to see Warner stirring in his sleep. I look down to see a journal. That wasn't there last time.

"Y/N?" Warner asks, his body turned to face me now. "What are you doing here?" He looks at me like I'm absolutely insane.

I pick my foot up off of the journal. "I came here so you could tell me where the hostages are but," I gesture to him. "You were in the middle of something."

"I was asleep." He laughs slightly, a concerned look still in his eyes. "I heads up would've been nice, I usually like to keep my pants on at least until we go on a first date."

I furrow my brows at him, "Right."

"What, I'm nothing if not a gentleman." He grins at me as he sits up, crossing his legs out in front of him.

"Seriously?" I laugh awkwardly, my eyes traveling over his bare body. I find myself staring at him for far too long. He has muscle but he's not bulky, lean if you will. His skin is perfectly healthy and his hair is blond like the sandy beaches I've only ever seen in magazines.