008

I excuse myself from the table.

I don't run after Addie, I head straight for Warner's cell. She's right. Warner is a killer and he shouldn't be here. The sooner we get information on the hostages' whereabouts, the sooner Warner can leave. And peace can return to Omega Point. But that wouldn't happen because the war is still continuing. Unfortunately, it can't end in the snap of a finger.

I stop walking to think about how fucked this all is.

Warner gets the chance to do whatever he wants when the results come back. It's not like they'll come back with no traces of any abilities considering that I've literally talked telepathically with him. He can leave and he probably will. He's no idiot. He'll know that no one wants him here. Even though Castle will tell everyone to treat him well and with respect, people will still stare, still whisper.

I clear my head, looking for something else to think about as I resume my walk. But nothing comes to mind. And with every step closer to Warner's cell I get, I feel dread starting to pool in my feet, then my knees, then my arms, and my chest until I'm drowning in it.

I swallow hard as I approach the large metal door of Warner's cell. This is the last time I will be here. I will get the information out of him. No matter what. I shake my hands out, trying to get rid of the impending dread but it doesn't work.

The thought creeps at the back of my mind as I think about how terribly I've been doing on this "mission," if you will. I should have been in and out of his mind like any other. He has too much power. And instead of searching, I've been having conversations with him. As if he's not the reason my friend has nine and a half fingers.

I nod to the guards and one of them opens the door for me. I mutter a quick thanks, to the two before entering. My eyes find Warner, he's sitting on his flimsy mattress in the corner of the room.

I hear the door close behind me when he sits up straight, his eyes latching onto mine. "I'm sorry for-"

"Where are they?" I intrude, my voice rougher than expected.

"Who?"

"The hostages, Warner, where are the hostages?" I ask again, my voice bordering on a yell.

I know I shouldn't be in here. Not in a mood like this. It won't lead to any good. No, I'm not like Juliette so I won't punch a hole in the wall but bad moods make people do irrational things. The worst comes out of people when they are mad.

But I don't leave. I don't even try to. I just stand next to the door with dread peeking over my shoulder.

He studies me, his green eyes finding mine before traveling over my figure.

"I don't have time for this," I cross the room towards him, staring down at him. "You need to tell me," I say, meaning for it to come out strong and stern but it sounds more strained than anything.

He sucks in a short breath, "Y/N." He says softly.

"Don't-" I pause, staring at him. He's so relaxed like he hasn't killed thousands of people. Like he isn't the one person keeping us away from saving the hostages.

I move to sit on my knees- fall onto my knees. I don't know what's going on or why I'm acting this way. It's like suddenly the world is crumbling in on itself and it is all because of me. I'm the one keeping us from saving the hostages. They could've been back by now if I was better at doing my job.

I run a hand over my face before focusing my eyes on my lap.

"Warner, please." This time I don't stop it from sounding strained. I inhale, "You need to tell me where they are."