Farewell

"Why do you have to leave so soon?" Rin's voice broke plunging into softness.

Jiro placed his hand on her cheek. "There's no time to waste, I must get your face back. The more time wasted, the bigger the possibility your face vanish permanently."

"The same way as your curse?" Rin asked.

Jiro gave a soft shaking of his head. "No, Rin. This is different. I was given a chance to break the curse, your face is stolen."

Rin trembled.

Jiro place his forehead against hers, "I'll be carefull. I'll make sure nothing happens to me. I know how worried you are. I'm stronger than you give me credit for."

Rin smiled behind her mask. "It's not that, I'm just sad that you're making the journey without me."

"It's dangerous, Rin. You know I cannot put you in harm's way."

Rin clasped her hands on his jaws, feeling the strangeness of his soft skin. "It's weird without the sensation of the feathers."

"Do you prefer the feathers then?" Jiro stretched the massive wings on his back and showed off its magnificence. Rin admired them with awe filmed gaze. They look more beautiful now than they were. At least Kannon-sama let him have that. "Because if you did, I would find a way to make you hate me just so I could look like a monster again."

She gave a chuckle. "You're silly. Why would I prefer that over this?" Rin poured her eyes into his and admired the new face trying to familiarized herself with it. "I like this. I don't mind you staying like this."

"Then if you could find it in your heart to love me forever. I will look like this for as long as you have love to give."

"Does this mean your curse is broken?"

Jiro shook his head. A moment ago he was certain the curse hasn't been broken, sensing the lingering magic in his veins. But now, he wasn't sure any longer. He felt light as a feather, and stronger like he was fifty years ago. "I think it was." He paused forehead knitting "but I'm not sure. I'll have to consult experts while I'm away to get their opinion."

There was a groan by the end of the table. Kurama has his legs and arms crossed waiting silently, and patiently until his last nerves couldn't take it no longer. "Please enough with the lovey dovey, you two makes me feel like throwing up."

There was a blithe chuckle somewhere else in the room. Shintaro made his presence known. "Please lord Jiro, if you're done with your farewell, we must go." He turned to Rin next. "Don't worry Rin-san, I promise to return him as soon as possible.

Kurama shifted from his pose. "Please, take him however long you want. Jiro hasn't been outside of this village for years. He can use some time apart."