Kidnapped

It has been a few months or so before Rin found herself on the foot of the shrine. She knew she shouldn't come back here after everything that happened. Even though she still has no recollection of what happened.

She looked up at the top of the steps where there shrine was erected. The same feeling of oddness flared up in her chest tugging at her. It feels as though there's a world beyond the shrine besides the lush forest behind it. 

She felt the temperature of the wind shifted. Cooler. As her gaze brought her to the very top of the shrine where a giant bird perched. 

Goosebumps sprouted all over her skin. She was certain that figure wasn't a bird but a human with wings. 

Her mouth opened. "Tengu." She's certain she'd never seen a spirit in her life but the figure seemed so familiar. What's even stranger is, she's not at all scared of it. 

The tengu straightened his legs balancing himself on the narrow pole of the shrine. "Humans are forbidden in this temple." He announced. "Any human who cross the sacred line is bound to get kidnapped by the spirit who watches this place."

Rin felt her heart warmed. Why does the thought of getting kidnapped by a strange spirit jolted her into so much joy? "Perhaps, some humans would like to get kidnapped by a handsome tengu." She said.

Her flirtatious remark drew a smile on Jiro's lips. "Is that so?"

Rin smiled as she took a step deliberately bringing her foot over the boundary line. "Yes."

****The End****
Thank you