03.

Chapter Three

NaTHaLie

🌹🌹🌹

I trail beside dad, following him outside curiously.

"Having five bodyguards following you everywhere gets overwhelming at times, doesn't it?"

"Yeah..." I mumble not knowing where this conversation is leading to.

"That's why your mother and I decided to cut down the number of your bodyguards to just one." He concludes with a small smile.

"What?" I ask tossing my head in his direction in surprise. "Really?" It is too early to get excited, what if it is just a joke? "You aren't joking right?"

"No, I am not sweetheart." He assures, stopping in front of my bodyguards who are waiting beside my car.

"He got hired yesterday and damn, he's really good. I still can't believe he defeated Zachary in physical combat, he's also good with firearms." Dad says, clearly impressed.

If this guy really managed to impress him then he must be really good since dad is hard to impress.

"Meet Lou, your new bodyguard." Dad points at him. "You may not have noticed but he started work yesterday, he was the only one who didn't get tricked by your little disguise last night and it was through him we got to find you."

I gulp, my mouth is hanging open in shock, and my eyes are almost popping out of their socket when I spot a familiar face staring at me emotionlessly.

"Lou, I believe you are already aware that this is my daughter, Nathalie." My gaze is still locked on his, barely listening to what dad is saying. Unlike other bodyguards here who are always dressed in black suit, he stands out in his faintly faded blue jeans and white t-shirt. Is it possible for him to look any hotter? "I'm entrusting her in your care, so make sure you do your job well." Dad concludes in a firm voice.

"Yes sir," Lou replies, maintaining his firm posture.

"He underwent some tests personally handled by me and I was able to confirm that he's capable enough to protect you." Dad murmurs into my ear while patting my back softly. "The rest of you can go to Zachary, he'll assign you your new duties." He addresses my bodyguards -ex-bodyguards- and they chorused a 'Yes sir' before waking away.

Turns out that the hot jerk who saved me yesterday is Lou, my new bodyguard.

....~....

After bidding mom and dad farewell, Lou and I got into the car and off we go...to my place.

I shift in my seat anxiously, thinking of how to thank him for last night.

I clear my throat awkwardly, turning to face him. "Hmm, about yesterday..."

"If you are about to thank me for yesterday, there is no need. I was only doing what I was hired to do." He cuts in sharply.

I flinch, his rudeness catching me off guard.

"Thank you?" I huff like it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

"No?" He asks in a bored tone stopping at a red light.

"No, why should I thank you I thank you for doing your job?" I roll my eyes glancing at the vibrating phone on my lap.

I pick it up and it's a text from Betsy.

Why are your bodyguards packing their stuff? Are you okay?