04.

Chapter Four

NaTHaLie

🌹🌹🌹

Wrapping my blanket around me tighter, I toss in my bed for the umpteenth time. There is no use trying, I don't think I can sleep with so much on my mind. I need to clear my head and there is only one way to do that. I walk out of my room, making my way to a room across the hallway, it is a small studio I designed with some help from Betsy. I have something like this back at home and I like to spend a lot of time there especially when there is a lot on my mind. In a way, this small studio comforts me. Inside the studio are some clean canvas, paints, drawing books, easels, brushes, charcoals, and some of my old paintings.

After placing a clean canvas on an easel, I grab a brush and some paint letting my subconscious take over. Before I know it, my mind drifts to Ethan and his betrayal.

It hurts to think that Ethan was not interested in me in the first place, he just couldn't accept the fact that he's gay.

My brush falls to the ground with a soft thud and I bite my lower lip hard, trying to hold back my tears. Staring back at me is the painting of a red heart breaking into tiny pieces, under the heart is an open palm. In a way, the heart is mine while the palm represents Ethan toying with my feelings.

I walk out of the studio intending to grab some water from the kitchen before returning to my room. I let out a squeal of shock when I suddenly bump into a wall of muscle, the shock almost made me fall off my ass but a hand was quick to steady me pulling me flush against a warm body. I start to panic until I was able to make out a familiar face in the dimly lit hallway.

"Hey, are you okay?" Lou asks with his arm still wrapped around me.

"Y-Yeah...I'm fine." I stutter trying to calm my racing heart.

"I apologize for startling you, just heard some movements and came out to check." My eyes flicker between his enchanting silver eyes and his pink lush lips as he explains.

"It's fine." I clear my throat and take a step back hastily before I end up doing something embarrassing. "I—will just..." I stammer pointing at my room.

"Alright. See you tomorrow." He flashes me a smile and leans against the wall with his arms crossed on his chest waiting for me to leave.

Oh my, did he just smile at me? Who are you and what have you done to Lou? "Goodnight." I dash to my room shutting the door behind me hurriedly.

I let out a deep breath calming my racing heart while banging my head on the door softly. What the heck is wrong with me?

✨....~....✨

Stepping out of the shower, I walk to my closet thinking of what to wear today. After giving it some thought, I decided to wear a simple black jeans with small rips on the knees paired with a purple off-shoulder top. I put on a black chunky heel and spray some perfume thereby giving me my signature citrus scent. I put on a light makeup and let my hair down. I am packing some necessary stuff into my handbag when my phone starts to ring. It's a video call from mom.

"Mom," I call smiling from ear to ear as her flawless face comes into view.

"Nathalie dear, how are you?" She asks her eyes scanning my face for god knows what as she lifts a mug to her mouth, that's probably coffee. Mom is usually cranky in the morning if she hadn't had her coffee yet.

I can imagine dad rushing to place a cup of coffee at her bedside table before she wakes up. That's so hilarious, I bite back my laughter trying to keep a straight face. I am the exact carbon copy of my mom, I've got her hair, her face, and also her fragile look which makes guys want to protect me. The only difference is the color of our eyes, while hers is an ocean blue mine is a deep honey brown which I got from dad.