07.

Chapter Seven

NaTHaLie

🌹🌹🌹

Betsy left with Simeon a few minutes ago and I'm now getting bored. All I want to do is to drink and dance to my satisfaction. That was the deal, but someone here is making it almost impossible. I glance at Lou who is seated on a sofa across the room watching me like a hawk. Lou won't let me drink anymore and it's frustrating. He kept nagging that I have a class tomorrow and I can't get hungover. I don't understand, is he my dad or what? And it's not as if I have a class in the morning. Before he was ignoring me but now he's bossing me around. I scoff under my breath. He suddenly brings out his phone from his pocket and starts making his way outside. Fina-fucking-lly! I quickly rush to the kitchen to grab some drinks.

Only a handful of people are in the kitchen—Austin included. He is at a corner at the back making out with some girl I can recognise as one of my course mates. I don't want him to see me because if he does, we'll end up bickering as usual and I'm not in the mood right now.

Geez, there are more than enough drinks to open up a bar in here, there are cans of beer, different bottles of wine—both red and white—dry gin, and some other expensive alcoholic drinks. I grab a bottle of whiskey and pour some into a red solo cup. I was about to leave when I noticed a slightly open door at the back of the kitchen.

A quick fresh air won't hurt either. I shrug, slipping through the door. And I regretted it immediately. I'm rooted to my spot at the sight of Ethan and Justin making out right there in the backyard. I would have turned back instantly but it was too late, I wasn't really quiet and they have spotted me. They both look surprised to see me but the relief on their faces is evident. Great. They don't want anyone to find out about their relationship.

"Nat..." Ethan calls but I ignore him. I turn around to leave but he is quick to grab my wrist thereby halting my movements.

"Let go of me, Ethan." I warn but his grips tightens on my wrist instead.

"Let's talk, Nat." I raise my chin in defiance. "Please."

"Fine! You want to talk? Talk!"

He drops my wrist and starts rubbing the back of his neck like he always does whenever he's nervous.

"First of all, I want to apologise. I'm sorry Nat."

I scoff. "And?"

"I should have just ended things with you when I realised..."

"You shouldn't have asked me out not to talk of dating me in the first place. You knew you weren't straight, you knew you couldn't see me like..."

"I tried, Nat." He cuts in. "I tried. I wanted to be attracted to you just like any straight man would but..."

"So you're telling me you weren't already in love with your childhood best friend even before we started dating?" I got him at that. He couldn't say a word. "You knew there was already someone else in your heart but you still lead me on. You used me, Ethan..."

He looks down in remorse, unable to meet my eyes. That's because I'm damn right. "I'm sorry Nat. I have always been in love with Justin since high school. At first, I thought it is just a platonic love between two friends but later I realised that I'm gay and I want him more than a friend. I didn't know that he was also gay so I couldn't tell him about how I felt. It went on like that for years and one day, I snapped. I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't take seeing him flirting with girls, going on dates and so on so I decided to just date a girl maybe it might help me get over him. That was when I met you, you were kind, funny, and carefree and I just...I just like you." I clench my fist around my cup till the drink in it starts spilling out. "Four months into our relationship I found out that Justin is in fact also gay, we confessed our love to each other and..."