Chapter 02

"Be there for yourself, you are who you really need most"- random quotes by your author

Malia's Pov

Stretching my limbs I pushed my feet into my bunny bed slippers and went towards the bathroom to freshen up.

After removing my night clothes I took a few minutes to convince my inner self how loved, important and valuable I am, and that things won't always stay the same.

After chanting these words for a few minutes, I then opened my eyes and took couple of seconds to admire my slim, yet beautiful frame.
Bright shiny black pupils looked back at me; my curly hair untamed and wild; which I then ran my hand through, getting objected by a few nots which I chuckled at...."typical mornings", I sighed. Besides the almost unnoticeable bags under my eyes, my dark skin glows under the sun shining throughout my bathroom window.
After feeling satisfied with my level of admiration, I then had a shower and got dressed into a black skirt and a white top while stuffing my feet into my favorite black and white Vans.

Today's a Monday, which means I finally get time to breathe and be comfortable.
Oh, and you're probably wondering how my last weekend went, which was surprisingly good. My aunt spent most Saturdays and Sundays out, probably smoking pot or getting drunk with her crazy friends.....
Whichever, I'm grateful for the breather...
I then grabbed my backpack and rushed out quietly and quickly as possible, stealing an apple from the kitchen in the process.

The thought of always having to steal food made my cheeks burn in embarrassment, I've never been one to steal but heaven knows I'd die from starvation if I didn't. I made sure I only took things she's won't really notice is gone tho, or else that would be another punishment that I cannot afford.
Plus, traveling by foot in the mornings on an empty stomach can having you feeling sick, and I hate being sick. It doesn't really go well with the life I live.

** At Adeline's School **

Walking down the school hall I heard a familiar feminine voice shouting my name among the bustling crowd of kids heading towards classes or chatting with their friends before class.
" Lia!", turning towards the direction from which I heard her voice, I spotted my best friend Sasha running towards me.
“I've been calling you forever, did you not hear me?", she grunted in frustration.
" No, sorry, it's kind of loud in here", I mumbled back while gesturing to the crowded hallway.

After humming at my reply I noticed her staring, or as she would say, doing her everyday evaluation on me to ensure my aunty cruela hasn't hurt me.
" Lia, are you okay?, You look kind of sick...you know how worried I get when your sick!, Why didn't you tell me!", she began ranting while frantically feeling my neck and forehead.
Realizing that people were now eyeing us funnily, I blushed in embarrassment and held her hand.
" Sash, I'm fine, please calm down. It was just a very depressing weekend", I mumbled again.
The realization hitting me that I probably shouldn't have said that because now she will be even more unsettled.

" Malia!, I'm not joking about your health!. Is that slut starving you again!?. I swear, I'm going to kill that bitch one day all by myself.", she whispered the last part with a terrifying amount of venom.
Sasha is the only one who knows about my aunt's behavior since I've never been very big on trusting others.

"I promise I'm okay, plus I've ate, you need not to worry. I promise to tell you if I ever need something".
" Fine",she grunted. "But just know if I see something I don't like, her ass is mines".
Chucking at her antics I took note of my white, petite best friend.
"Well, come with me. I've brought us breakfast but we need to eat quickly since we don't have much time before classes", she spoke while pulling me with her towards the school's sitting area.

This was typical Sasha, loving and overprotective...and I'd honestly have it no other way. It feels good when someone cares for you.

After eating with Sasha we both hugged and went to our classes. Unfortunately Sasha and I only shared math and English classes, which meant that the time we spent together are usually very limited apart from those few times she'll accompany me by the library and also lunch. Sasha has never been a fan of books, she prefers partying and smoking weed.

And as much as I care for her health alot, she never listens to my advices about not smoking.
"Try some and maybe you'll gain some guts", she'd always say. Or she'd just laugh and say "yolo bitch, sike, Its just a few blunts ", while chuckling crazily as usual.
Which I honestly find very amusing.
Especially when she wheezes dramatically.

After our first sessions, we then had lunch and went our separate ways again, which leaves me here in my geography period, thankfully the last session for today. After the teacher dismissed us, I stood smiling while organizing my bag, feeling good because today was indeed a good day. "If only I could feel this comfortable at home too", I murmured inwardly while exiting the classroom to meet Sasha by the inner school gate.

************