Chapter 1

"Ouch!" Sophie exclaimed as she held her head, wincing in pain. She had long forgotten how noisy human thoughts were. She immediately put up a mental shield and mentally told Fitz to do the same. 'FITZ! PUT UP A MENTAL SHIELD NOW!' Sophie transmitted to her cognate partner. 'OKAY, OKAY. SOPHIE, CHILL. I ALREADY DID IT. THE HUMAN THOUGHTS ARE SO LOUD. NOW I KNOW HOW YOU FELT WHEN YOU WERE LIVING WITH THE HUMANS!' Fitz replied. Sophie smirked. 'WELL, ENJOY IT!' Fitz scowled as he retorted. 'YOU'VE BEEN LEARNING WAY TO MUCH FROM KEEFE!' "Anyone care to tell us what's happening in your heads?" Biana asked, interrupting their little argument. "Yeah... you guys aren't flirting, are you?" Keefe teased. "No we're not!" Sophie giggled and reached for Keefe's hand. "Sophie was just telling me to put up a mental shield. You wouldn't want to be a Telepath right now!" Fitz sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Wow... I feel bad for you guys. Crazy mental voices, huh?" Marella said. Sophie and Fitz both nodded enthusiastically. 

Sophie, Keefe, Biana, Tam, Linh, Fitz, Marella and Dex were in the Forbidden Cities, California. They were going to stay there for a while as back in the Lost Cities, elves were hunting them. The elves were doing so as the Neverseen had somehow managed to convinced some elves that the Black Swan were the bad guys, not them. The small batch of elves had spread the information to other elves and the news had spread like wildfire. Now, almost half the elves had been convinced and were hunting the Black Swan down. As Sophie and her friends were all part of the Black Swan, they too, were targeted. So, Councillors Oralie, Bronte and Terik had managed to convince the other Councillors to lock the leaping crystals and gave Sophie a crystal that could light leap, even though the leaping crystals were locked. With the help of the three Councillors and the crystal, Sophie and her friends had safely escaped to the Forbidden Cities. 

"Is there even anything to eat in the Forbidden Cities?" Tam grumbled. "Aw... Is Bangs Boy hungry? Already?" Keefe mocked. "Guys, stop!" Dex shouted, preventing the two from causing a commotion. "Uh... guys? Where's Linh?" Biana asked nervously, after doing a headcount. Tam cursed under his breath while Fitz froze and gulped. Before anyone could panic, Sophie pointed to a nearby cafe and suggested, "Let's split up and meet back at this cafe. Fitz, you can go with Tam and Biana." Everyone nodded and immediately followed Sophie's suggestions. As the group paired up with their usual partner, Sophie found herself paired with her boyfriend, Keefe. "So, Foster, looks like you're with me. Where would Linh be?" Keefe thought. "Hmm... what wouuld be interesting to Linh? Maybe an animal?" Sophie replied. "I know! We passed by a pet shop! It's not too far from here!" Keefe exclaimed. "Yes! I remember! I know how to get there!" Sophie contributed, excited. "We do make a great team, don't we?" Keefe smirked as he raised his hand. "Don't get too full of yourself." Sophie remarked as she smiled and gave Keefe a high-five. As she held his hand, they ran and retraced their steps to find their cheerful friend. 

"Linh! There you are!" Sophie cried out as she spotted Linh staring at some fish. "Oops! These fish are just so cool!" Linh laughed sheepishly. "We've got to get back to the cafe now." Keefe added. Sophie then transmitted to her other seven friends who were still looking for Linh. 'GUYS! WE'VE GOT LINH! MEET AT CAFE!'  After transmitting, Sophie grabbed Linh's hand to ensure that she would not wander off. "Uh... Foster? Should we just teleport back to the cafe?" Keefe asked as he noticed teaming throngs of people blocking the way back to the cafe. " We could! Look at all the mist near the ocean!" Linh said. "Fine." Sophie relented. As they made their way to the shoreline, Sophie asked, "Linh, do you need my enhancement?" Linh shook her head and gathered enough mist to hide them from the humans as a reply. Sophie linked hands with Linh and Keefe and started running. The three of them heard a "Crack!" as the void opened. Sophie ran into the void, pulling her friends along with her, and envisioned the cafe down to every last detail. 

In a split second, they were at the cafe. They spotted the others at the table and sat down with them. Tam was sniffing a bowl of salad suspiciously. "Just eat it! It won't kill you!" Dex rolled his eyes. "Are you sure I can eat this?" Tam asked again. "Yes!" the whole table shouted in annoyance. A few people turned their heads to look at them. Keefe quickly shoved some salad into Tam's mouth. "Mmph!" Tam protested, his mouth full of salad. The girls giggled while Keefe, Fitz and Dex almost fell off their chairs, laughing. "What?!" Tam snapped. "Sauce... moustache!" Biana said between fits of giggles, took a piece of tissue and wiped Tam's mouth. "Thanks..." Tam's voice softened as he mumbled. "Aw!" Linh squealed. Biana and Tam blushed in response. "Where are we going to live? What are we going to do here?" Marella bombarded Sophie with questions. "I'll answer those later. But first, I need money." Sophie replied. Everyone, except Dex, looked puzzled. "Stay here. I'm going somewhere with Dex. We'll be right back." Sophie instructed as she and Dex left the cafe. Soon, Sophie found an ATM for Dex to hack. "Go on and do your Technopath thing!" Sophie urged as she nudged Dex towards the ATM. Dex gave Sophie an Obscurer and started pushing random buttons on the keypad of the ATM. After about ten minutes, Dex handed Sophie two credit cards, one gold and one silver, and a pile of cash. "The gold card has the most money and the silver card is for emergencies. The cash is for us to spend." Dex explained. Sophie nodded and they made their way back to the cafe for lunch.

After a delicious lunch of salads, Sophie decided that they were going to look for a house. Linh wanted a house near the beach, Tam wanted a house that no one would dare to visit,  Biana wanted a mansion and the rest were fine with anything. After much debate, they all agreed to let Sophie choose the house. Sophie selected a three-story house with four bedrooms and four bathrooms. Each bathroom was connected to each bedroom and they all had to pair up and share a room. The second floor was for the boys and the third floor was for the girls. The house was located near the southern part of California, where most of the universities were located. Sophie was planning on sending them to one of the universities as something to do. "We should be able to get the house ready by tomorrow, if all of you chip in to help. Today we'll paint the house. White paint. No arguments. By the way, we have to pair up to share a room. Boys with boys, girls with girls." Sophie informed them. "Aww... Foster! I know you want to share a room with me!" Keefe pouted as he whispered to Sophie. "So, who wants to pair up with who?" Sophie asked, cheeks tomato red. After a short discussion, they decided on Keefe with Fitz, Tam with Dex, Marella with Linh and Sophie with Biana.  The discussion ended with a satisfied Tam as he was not going to share a room with Keefe. "Come on guys! Let's complete our house!" Linh shouted as she ran into the house. 

With the ten of them eagerly painting the house, with some help from Telekinesis, they were done painting the house by dinner time. "I'm so hungry..." Fitz moaned as  his stomach growled. Sophie then ordered some vegetarian pizza after hearing everyone's cries of hunger. "Mmm... this pizza is my second favourite human food!" Keefe exclaimed between bites of pizza. "Yeah... this is good!" Biana agreed. "Good job guys! You did well today! Tomorrow, all we need to do is move in the furniture!" Sophie praised the others. The others all beamed, feeling proud of themselves. Sophie smiled as she gazed out of the window, tugging out several itchy eyelashes. "Foster, what's wrong?" Keefe asked. "I'm just thinking of Grady and Edaline. I miss them! I miss Elwin and Oralie and Mr Forkle and Silveny a-and..." Sophie sighed and burst into tears. "Let it out, Foster. It's alright. They'll be fine." Keefe assured Sophie. As Sophie reached up to tug an itchy eyelash, Keefe grabbed her arm and pulled her in for a hug. One by one, the others all joined in the group hug. Slowly, Sophie fell asleep in Keefe's embrace. Keefe then gently laid Sophie on the fool and draped a blanket over her. As the others lay down beside Sophie, the ten of them all wondered what tomorrow would bring. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi guys! I'm so sorry Chapter 1 took so long! Chapter 1 is really long though. Please forgive any of my spelling or grammar mistakes! By the way, if any of you like Percy Jackson, go check out my friend PercyjacksonKOTLC123 and the story she wrote! Please support her! Also, please follow, vote and comment! Thank you do much! Love you guys!

-SoKeefe_4evaKOTLC