Chapter 2

"Ah..." Sophie yawned as she stretched. She felt puzzled as she looked around before remembering yesterday's events. Sophie felt her heart pang as she though about the people who had become her "family" back in the Lost Cities. Sophie took in a deep breath to calm herself but the smell of smoke stung her nose. "Smoke! Fire!" Sophie screamed internally and stood up. She tracked the smell of the smoke to the kitchen and made her way there, rubbing the knot of emotions under her ribs. As she walked into the kitchen, ready to inflict, she spotted Keefe and Linh trying to put out a fire. Linh was splashing water on a burning pan and Keefe was trying to fan the fire away. "Guys! What are you doing?" Sophie sighed as she placed the lid on the pan and immediately extinguished the fire. "Oops..." Keefe laughed sheepishly. Linh buried her face in her hands, embarrassed. "Never mind, leave breakfast to me. Join the others!" Sophie demanded while face-palming. The two of them frantically nodded as they ran out of the kitchen. Before Keefe exited the kitchen, Keefe patted Sophie's head tenderly, saying, "Chill, Lady Fos-Boss. Rest today, we'll handle the furniture." Sophie smiled and hummed as she started to clear the kitchen. 

"Wow you guys did a good job!" Sophie praised the others as she walked into a room full of furniture. The walls had no scratches and the furniture was not damaged. Sophie joined the others and they worked for a good half hour before they were interrupted by multiple stomachs growling. "So...? Who's hungry?" Sophie asked. "Me!" The group chorused. "Who wants to come with me?" Sophie placed her hands on her hips, knowing what was about to happen. "Me!" the group clamored once again. Amidst the chaos, Sophie transmitted to Marella and Tam, 'YOU GUYS CAN COME WITH ME.' Tam an Marella broke into grins and the three of them ran out of the room. Sophie held the door shut with her telekinesis as the three of them ran out of the house.  "What should we eat?" Marella questioned. "I'm fine with anything." Tam replied moodily. "Waffles?" Sophie suggested. A confused Tam and Marella stared at her. "Okay, waffles!" as the three elves walked to the mall to buy breakfast, Tam and Marella asked her about life in the Forbidden Cities. "There! The Waffle House!" Sophie shouted in excitement and pointed to a nearby shop with a neon glowing waffle sign.  Sophie charged in, followed by Marella and Tam, and quickly placed an order for sixteen waffles and eight cups of hot chocolate. "Um... Sophie? H-how did the door open by itself...? A-and where is that voice that greeted us...?" Marella and Tam nervously asked, looking around warily. "No! It's automated!" Sophie laughed. As the three of them waited for their order, Sophie caught snippets of conversations that included, "Wow! Is he a K-Pop idol?" "Is she a model?" Sophie almost burst out into laughter as she had thought the same thing when she first met the elves. "Order for... Sophie Foster!" a voice called out and snapped Sophie out of her reverie. "Here!" Sophie shouted and ran to grab the bag of delicious waffles. "C'mon. Let's go home." Sophie told Marella and Tam and they started walked out of the shop and back to their home.

"D-do you guys feel someone watching you?" Sophie whispered to Marella and Tam on their way back home. The both of them nodded ever so slightly. Sophie shivered as she felt chills run down her spine. Suddenly, the three of them crashed into an invisible force and they fell to the ground. They hurriedly stood up and turned around to face their attacker. "Force field..." Tam murmured.  A lone figure in a black cloak strode towards them, slowly but surely. Sophie focused on the white eye on the figure's sleeve. "Neverseen..." "Ruy..." Sophie and Marella muttered. Sophie rubbed the knot of emotions under her ribs. She saw red as she targeted her emotions of hate, anger, sadness, worry and fear at Ruy. He groaned and fell to the floor, clutching his head. Tam glanced at Marella and she nodded without hesitation. Tam closed his eyes and a black substance flowed out of his fingernails and morphed into an arrow. Sophie winced as she realised that it was Shadowflux. Tam passed the arrow to Marella and she coated it in flames. "Sophie, how long will you inflicting last?" Tam asked, his gaze not leaving Ruy.      "N-not long..." Sophie stuttered. Tam acknowledged what she said and took the arrow, now covered in flames, from Marella. He took aim, at the now standing Ruy, and threw the arrow. The arrow flew through the force field, making it crack and shatter. It did not stop and continued making its way to Ruy. The arrow struck Ruy in the stomach and his eyes bulged and his flew to the ground, once again. Sophie ran over to Ruy and knelt beside him, closing her eyes. She entered his mind and swept his recent memories away with an imaginary tidal wave. Once Sophie exited his mind, she fell to the ground, tired. 

"Ruy!" Sophie screamed as she woke up with a start. She looked around and found that she was in her room, in her new house, in the Forbidden Cities. Her friends stood around her, concern clearly etched onto their faces. "W-what happened to Ruy?" Sophie asked, whispering. "H-he leapt away before we could tie him up..." Tam replied dejectedly. "He had a leaping crystal with him." Marella added. Before the two of them could saw anything else, Keefe interrupted. "H-hey Foster. I brought you waffles and hot cocoa for breakfast. Or should I say lunch...?" Keefe laughed weakly, trying to crack a joke. "Thanks." Sophie smiled as she sipped her cocoa. Silence filled the air as worry seemed to emit from everyone. "Okay, everyone out!" Biana demanded, noticing how awkward it was in the room. "But-" Keefe protested. Biana pushed him and the others out of the room. "Thanks, Biana." Sophie giggled. The two of them then talked for the rest of the day. For the first time since she reached the Forbidden Cities, Sophie felt calm and at ease. 

Author's Note:

Sorry everyone for the long wait! I did not have any time! I hope you like this! Thanks so much guys! Please follow, vote and comment! Love you guys!

-SoKeefe_4evaKOTLC