Chapter 22 :Surprise

Previously on TNTM

"Yoo Max!!"

"Shut up" wasn't this the dude that was JUST consoling me?

" I need to talk to you" I said, walking towards his room.

" What are you doing with her!?" I looked at My brother Max then looked at the child I should be protecting.

" how could you!" I shouted. Water swelling in my eyes. Laughter bubbling in me. I tried holding it back but I just couldn't.

Max applied makeup on Cassandra's face, it looked as if he did it without his eyes. She looked funny, especially since she has lost a few teeth at the bottom.

And, I lost it. I laughed until my knees gave out and i was on the floor. Not because of only Cassandra's face.

But because Max also had makeup on and he looked absolutely horrible. And the way I caught them both posing for a photo... that just threw me right off.

I couldn't breathe. I had to run out of the room to catch my breath. That was unexpected. It took 5 mins for me to calm down.

" where did you even get makeup?" I said as we all gathered in the living room sitting on couches.

"I bought it for Cassandra's the other day" he said, frowning while attempting to clean his face.

"Aye!! Come ere" I called out to him as I remembered what star said.

"You the one who want me come to me instead" he replied still frowning

"For a guy who gets 80s and 90s in English one would think you spoke standard English. " I mumbled while heading over to where he was sitting and sat next to him.

" Hey Cassandra, go take a quick shower and come back down here after. I'll pick out some clothes for you to wear soon"

She nodded and went towards the room she usually stays in. When she was out of ear shot I turned to Max and spoke.

"Sta- Lidia said" I was cut off by an 'ouuuu'. I rolled my eyes then whispered

" she said it's Cassandra so she and her family will be keeping a surprise party for her at the restaurant her family works at"

" oh imma get ready then, I already got my gifts" he said standing up. When he almost exited the room I realized something.

"Oiii! How do you know her birthday though " I asked standing up as I said before only some people can know that- wait!

He turned around and responded " You know I can't really answer that question"

I nodded and he continued walking. Even though we are a part of the same organization, there is still some information that can't be shared among us.

I went to my room and got ready.

\
/
\
/
\

Fifteen minutes later Cassandra was wearing a yellow fluffy dress, silver sparkly wedge heels, an uptop hair bun and a silver sparkly hair band. She had a gold necklace that my dad bought her that spelt her name. After she got dressed I sent her to the living room.

I didn't know if I should dress formal or casual so I went and dressed casual.

"Wait" I stopped. I could call lidia she could tell me how to dress and I will be able to hear her voice.

'Ring' 'ring-'

"Hello?" I heard her answer.
" so about the dress code" I trailed off hoping she would pick up on what I was trying to imply.