Chapter 25: Family reunion

I woke up at 3 in the morning, showered and went to get Jonah from my parents' home. They decorated the restaurant to celebrate Jonah's birthday, the food was prepared, guests were invited and everything was basically set. There would not be as many people here this time compared to Cassy's birthday because Jonah is going to be two. Who does he really know and will he even remember?

I got Jonah after almost being cursed out by my parents for waking them up so early. The less time I stayed away from my son, the better I felt. Hugging him was comforting and in a weird way I felt more comfortable being with him in a lonely place than being by myself. I felt like he gave me a weird sense of security. OR maybe I just need to get my head checked.

I went to sleep again with him in my arms.

A few hours later I woke up and made breakfast for us. We will go to the restaurant later in the day. I thought of giving my two year old breakfast in bed. I told you, the psychologist is waiting for me to visit.

I prepared bananas, grapes, apples, oranges and pineapples for him.

" Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Jonah, Happy birthday to you" I sang to him while giving him kisses all over his face.

"Good morning" I greeted when I saw him opening his eyes.

"Good morning mama"

I gave him his breakfast and got him ready for the day and then I left him with Matthew and got ready.

***********************

Unknown POV

My fiance and I stood on the porch of my family home with our fingers intertwined. A house I haven't visited in a while because my family would often take trips to visit me in Germany sometimes every week or every holiday. We would celebrate as a family with my fiance's family as well. We came to visit because my siblings have been busy recently and my parents haven't visited me in a while so we decided to visit them.

I opened the door of the house with a spare key I got a while back. One of my smart brothers decided to give me one even though I rarely ever visit this country.

We got in and heard loud talking in the living room so we went and placed our things at the door inside the house and brace ourselves to be scolded.

"Where y'all going?" my fiance asked when we saw most of my family dressing up in semi formal attire. I guess we were dressed for the occasion as well.

Some of them gasped in shock. Shocked to see us in this country.

"What are you both doing here?" my dad asked, walking towards us with his hands stretched. I went and hugged my dad letting go of my fiance's hand while my brothers hugged him.

"Lia and Josh, what are you both doing here?" My brother asked me while we hugged. "I came to see the family i have been hearing about and of course my fiance is my tail and i am his so we are both here" i smirked and heard Josh chuckled softly.

"Ain't that the truth" my dad mumbled out then smiled.

"Yet still you don't have a ring" One of my brothers said and i immediately looked at my fingers realizing i lost my ring then i looked at my fiance who had a straight face. He was gonna scold me for losing it again. THIS WAS THE THIRD TIME!

" I didn't realize" I said to him. All of a sudden he pulled something from his pockets and there it was, my ring.

"You took it off this morning when you were showering and I knew you would forget it ss\o i put it in my pockets." He said and had the audacity to be smiling.