Chapter 24: The job

Chapter 24: The job

Boss got up out of her chair along with her husband and they both left the room hand in hand. I would love to know their story.

The rest of us got up out of the seats, pushed back the seats then left the room. Lisa and her team went in one direction while I walked with Matthew through a hallway to get to the rooms with the weapons. The others went... I don't know where.

"So here I am, walking side by side someone who acts as if we aren't related" I said acting as a commentator.

I pushed my 'mic' which is my hand to Matt's mouth. "Right" I taunted. He pushed my hand away.

"We are NOT related" he said angrily and walked away from me. My confidence dropped.

"Bruh, that was years ago... Such a pig" I muttered the last part though. As I said, confidence dropped.

I walked behind him quietly and held onto his shirt feeling sad that my male bestie wasn't talking to me.

All of a sudden someone, who was walking in the opposite direction of us(the person walking →, we were walking↑), accidentally stepped on my shoes and I stopped walking then looked up with a straight face.

" Sorry" one of my colleagues said. I nodded my head with a stiff smile and walked away.

I didn't even realize that Matthew was behind me. I only felt him putting his hands on my shoulder and walking with me. He pulled out a jolly rancher from his pocket and gave it to me. I don't know, sweets calms me down.

"Mmm" I replied as a 'thanks'.

"Calm down bro" he chuckled and messed up my hair.

He stopped walking and hugged me.

"Next time don't be foolish and embarrass me again or else" he said and I hugged him back.

" Where you going now?" matt questioned.
" Weapons room"

We both walked in the direction on the room and I went in when we arrived there.

" Later" I said and he nodded and went to his department.

I went into the room and gathered knives, ropes, handcuffs, guns and some other weapons that would suit the mission tonight which is observation. We all have our different duties and mine was to gather the gadgets and weapons we need.

I put them in the bags we'll be carrying then I left the room to the computer room where I'll be playing the game. I set up an account for an elderly man waiting until I grab someone's attention.

Please don't skip. Cute scene ahead by the way. I REALLY am grateful for all the people who have been reading and adding my book to their reading list.

Thank you 😢💖

MEANWHILE

Unknown POV

As I exit the plane I take a deep breath. The smell of fresh air calms me, my fiancee holds my hand as we both walk towards the airport ready to reach our final destination. I held the locket I had around my neck and kissed it as I do everytime I go to another country.

"I don't know why you keep kissing the empty locket" my fiance said laughing.

"Stop that" I said, hitting his arm. He laughs at me whenever I do this.

"Soooo, what are we going to be doing today? " He asked, intertwining our hands.

" Sleep of course, then I'll go look for my family "

" Why are we staying at a hotel if we are in the same town as your family? "

" Bruh, it's only for one night. Besides they don't know we are here so I'll surprise them"

We entered the airport, got everything we needed and went to our hotel to check in.

We checked into our hotel or should I say, my fiancée checked into the hotel (I'm not old enough). My fiancée is 19 so he can check into the hotel. I have written permission from my guardians to visit the hotel with him.

As we got in the hotel room I found the bed and threw myself on it, my bf followed me.

I have a hard time sleeping so I put in my earbuds and started listening to some audiobooks to make me sleep.

My bf hugged me from behind and we drifted off to sleep.

Lidia's pov

After a few hours of playing the boring game, I won countless times but didn't get a message from the scammers so I put down the phone.

"Let's go " I heard Matthew say. I guess it's time to do our observation.

I was playing the game again while someone else was watching outside when I finally got a message and I obeyed all the criteria. Then I tried to call them so it's easier to track where the caller is.

Lisa speaks to them using the braces thing I had on before that made me have an accent, it also changes how you sound age wise (it's a new update).

I didn't get to track the number for long but I got a location however it wasn't specific. What we realized was that it was near the adoption center.

After a few hours we left and went to the place we will be staying for our mission.

*****The next day*****

Today we will have lily go in as the new child up for adoption.

I hope this all goes well.

------------------------------

A lady walks in with her sleeping daughter looking extremely fearful. 

"Good morning" she greeted the lady at the front desk of the adoption centre.

"Good morning madam. How can I help you?" For a woman a part of a dangerous organization she sure is welcoming. Unlike Wattpad's receptionists. 

" I want to put my daughter up for adoption" The mother replied. 

The receptionist immediately started asking the mother questions and began the process.

****A few hours later****

Lily got in successfully, she has some micro devices on her clothes and in her hair. She also has on one of the masks I wear, this way her real face won't be showing.

We also sent in an informant and took one of their men in for questioning.

*****The next day*****

The mission went on and tomorrow is Jonah's bday; luckily we get a day off tomorrow.

We wrapped up our mission for the day and Matthew Lisa and I hurried back.

It was 10 pm when we reached the house. We got in and went to our bed. Tomorrow I'll pick up Jonah from his grandparents.