Chapter 50

Misty

Back in New York, Aug was away on tour. Due to how his tour dates fell, we had to push back the date of the wedding to May, which I didn't mind.

"Okay." I clapped my hands. "Who wants to recap today?" I smiled.

I was still on leave from physically dancing, but I still had appearances to do here and there.

Once we were finished, I gathered my things and went to lunch with Jamal. I hadn't seen him since my surgery and even though we spoke often, it still wasn't the same.

Shuffling through my back trying to find my ringing phone, soon as I got it it stopped.

"Hey Chandra, sorry about that. My bag is like a black whole." I joked.

"Its okay. I hope I'm not disturbing you."

"Girl no. I'm on a lunch break. Talk to me. Is everything okay?"

"I need your opinion on something."

"Anything."

"I've been thinking about getting back into the dating scene."

"Really?" I smiled.

"Yes." She laughed. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"Because its about time."

"You think so?"

"Yes Chandra. You're a beautiful person inside and out with your own. The girls are getting older. Chaylin is about to be sixteen."

"I know right. So you think I should give it a chance."

"Yes. It wouldn't hurt to try."

"Thanks. I just needed a second opinion. Every time I think about it, Mel comes to mind. I feel like I'll be turning my back on him."

"Don't you think he would want you to be happy?"

"Yes."

"Well I think its time you take your happiness to that next level. Now when you say second opinion."

"I spoke to the girls grandmother."

"Miss. Sheila? What she had to say?"

"She said its time I get my groove back, in those words but just to be very careful because I do have three girls I have to look out for."

"That is true."

"Alright then. I'll think about it some more. Thanks again."

"You're welcome babe. You know I'm here for you."

"I know."

After saying goodbye, I ended the call then dropped it in my bag. Getting out of my car, I made my way into the restaurant where Jay already was.