Chapter 60

August

"August, August over here!!"

Walking the red carpet, I tried to give everyone who called me, my attention. Honestly I wasn't feeling it simply because I didn't have my wife at my side.

"August a moment?" An interviewer called.

Making my way over to the interviewer who called me, I smiled. Exchanging a hug when I approached her, she began to interview me.

"First off, congratulations on recently tying the knot."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Is your wife here with you?"

"Not on the carpet. We had clashing events but she'll be here later on."

"Oh okay. Now, four nominations and a performance, tell me how you're feeling?"

"Like I've always felt, blessed. Whether I win or not, I'm just happy ta know that my work and myself are being appreciated."

Finishing making my rounds, instead of going inside, I left and went back to my hotel.

:"Tell me why everyone is asking for my wife more than asking me questions?"

"SweetFace❤: Because I'm your wife and I'm amazing😊."

:"So ya got jokes huh? I'a deal with ya later."

"SweetFace❤: I have some importatlbt news to tell you but later. I just got back into the house and I'm tired."

:" Alright well you go rest up then. I love you.😚❤

"SweetFace❤: ok baby, love you too."

"Everything good man?"

"Yeah. I'm just gonna lay down for a bit, call me when its time to go."

"Aight goon." He nodded.

Leaving me, I kicked off my shoes and took off my shirt before getting into bed. Laying on my back I just stared at the ceiling in my room.

Misty

"I still can't believe they surprised me like that."

"Me too, but you deserve it."

"Thanks and thank you for being there with me."

"You're welcome. Just imagine how everyone is going to react to you being a soloist."

"I can't even imagine. Like this was what I've wanted and been working towards but I didn't think it would have happened now."

Pulling up in front her house, she shot off the car and we sat there, reflecting on all that just happened.

During the event for ABT, I was awarded the part of soloist. It came at a complete surprise me but I was thankful.

"You're talented sis. They know this and they're acknowledging it."

"Yeah."

Getting out, we walked up and entered the house. This was the first time I've ever heard Cha yell so loud but she had all reason too.

"CHAYLIN!"

"Hey momma. Hi tete."

Smiling as she came down the stairs, with the phone in her hand, it was clear she didn't know what was going on.

"Give me that!"

Snatching the phone from her, Chay flinched as Cha ended the call.

"Hey!"