pilot

tw : mention of death

────────

on a day like today, liliath wished her soul could be taken out and away from her body. a day where she has to get up and go see her least favourite people ever. like jake smith. jake is angela bell ( liliaths best friend )'s boyfriend. he was such a douchebag, especially to his classmate jane. jane moved from indianapolis just at the start of the year, along with her step brother will byers. they were the sweetest people liliath ever met, yet jake, angela and the others took joy in tormenting her just because she was different. it was so unfair as she done nothing wrong, or anything bad to them.

"liliath" mrs mitchell shouted up stairs, echoing throughout the house. "your dads going to work, come say bye". liliaths father, charles mitchell, worked as a policeman at the station, so he was always leaving early just before the girl left for school.

liliath cleared her throat before shouting "i'm coming mum!" her scratchy voice also echoed throughout the house as she ran downstairs to give her dad the biggest hug in the world. liliath and her father got on well. better than the brunette and her psycho mother. it was like mr mitchell understood her, like he was the only person in the world who really knew her, well, apart from angela.

as mr mitchell opened the door his wife came to give him a peck on the cheek as a goodbye. " i'll be home late tonight, i have some work to check up on" as the two female mitchells' nodded after his statement charles smiled and muttered "love you both." liliath noticed there was no i before the words, but she shook it off and went to go put on her new platform converse she recently got for her birthday.

as liliath left the front garden to start walking to school, she noticed a note sitting just beside the pavement with a phone number on it, where mr mitchell always parks his car. once liliath got a good look at it, she slipped it into her pocket and gently slipped her headphones to her ears and started playing 'girls just want to have fun' by cyndi lauper.

as the brunette calmly took her headphones off and quickly sat them in her bag, she felt a hand touch her shoulder that made her jump "boo!" angela shouted as her boyfriend watched from behind.

after a few short seconds, liliath gave angela a hard stare which broke into a smirk putting angela into a laugh, "you're early" liliath joked in a way to hide her shock as the blonde is always late to school, especially on a monday.

"yeah, yeah" she joked with a big grin on her face, "jake made me come in time" she muttered as she turned round to give jake a peck.

jake winked at liliath. "you know it." gross. liliath thought to herself. i mean, what can she see in him? "so liliath" he began

"lily." angela interrupted, she swiftly turned to look back at liliath "just call her lily."

jake who was clearly paying no attention to angela, repeats himself. "so liliath," earning himself a eye roll from angela "y-you wanna come roller skating at rink-o-mania with us on friday?" he had his persuasive voice on, and the brunette was not falling for it. he paused as liliath thought, "y-you know everyone's gonna be there" he stuttered "me, angela, and-"

"no." jake was cut off by the girl.

"no?" angela glared at her. liliath could feel the eyes on her by those who were now following the trio.

"no," the girl began, "i'm going with jane." jane? angela was beyond confused, but she would never show it. why would lily, her lily go out with that freak. "her boyfriends coming to visit her for the holidays so i'm going with them, and will is going too."

jake and the others laughed, "jane?" the brunette stared at them with disbelief. "you mean, jane hopper?"

"yeah and what?" liliath answered aggressively. when angela's stupid friends made comments like this about jane it really got on liliaths nerves.

"i mean," angela started, "why?" which really annoyed lily this time. "why her?"

"because im friends with her," lily was practically shouting at this point. "you have a problem with that?" she glared at them all in disbelief that they could be so nasty, and for what?

as she walked away, angela followed "hey i'm sorry," the blondie was trying to think of words to not make her bestfriend mad at her. "i was being stupid, i-i know jane is your friend and i have no problem with that." as liliath stopped to look at angela's face. angela realised she really pissed off lily.

as lily looked around the hall, looking for someone so she could ditch angela, she spots jane and will walking through the other doors at the other side of the hall. "yeah, whatever" as she walked off, jane spotted her and started doing a slight jog towards liliath.