liar : part 1

later on in the evening after liliath spent some time with angela at the local hospital, lilys mother came to pick her up and take them home. her mothers eyebrows were lower and pulled closer together, the inner corners were heightened and the corners or her mouth were drawn downwards, lily furrowed her eyebrows as she saw her mothers face.

she stared blankly at the mother who had tears forming in her eyes as she focused on the road, liliath gave her mum a look and she almost immediately stared back, turned back to the road and let out a sigh, " y...your dad" a tear rolled down her face as she stuttered.

lilys eyebrows rose as her eyes widened at her mothers stuttering and sniffling along with the tear rolling down her rosé cheek.

the mother cleared her throat and turned slowly to the left so her daughter was in her full eyesight but was still focusing on the road, "he's not coming home tonight." she wiped the tear from falling off her face and gulped.

the quizzical look on lilys face silently forced the mother to pause then continue, "he's working later than he expected so he's staying at a friends tonight." as they pulled up to the driveway, they parked in mr mitchells' usual parking spot which left lily slightly baffled but never spoke a word after the conversation in the car, however. lily did notice her mother wipe yet another tear from her face as she was unlocking the front door.

lily sniffled, her eyebrows were pulled up and together while her upper eyelids were pulled up and lower were also drawn up. "i'm just going to go to bed, i think." she groaned, standing with her legs and arms close together as her fingers tapped the side of her thighs waiting for a reply.

the mother lay down on the couch in exhaustion, and the voice of her only daughter made her seem more exhausted, "okay, i might not be in when you wake up in the morning, i'm not sure." she admitted as she closed her eyes, put her head back onto the couch arm rest.

liliaths eyebrows furrowed as she took in her mothers reply, "why?" she questioned as her voice raised a little.

her mum sighed and put her hand to her head, "i'm going out with the girls for brunch tomorrow." she claimed.

lilys face relaxed a little and the corners of her mouth were drawn upwards, "okay, goodnight mum i love you." she smirked as she started making her way up the stairs slowly.

her mum grunted and sniffled as she sat up and opened her eyes, "you can go out if you want while i'm away, leave me a note on the fridge if you do." she smiled at her daughter with love visibly filling up her eyes.

lily stopped on the 4th step up and turned to look at her mum before giving her the thumbs up and a smile, she knew she probably wouldn't be doing anything, unless, she tried maybe speaking to jane in the afternoon.

once liliath got to her room, she quickly changed into a t-shirt and shorts then climbed into bed, as she was beginning to fall asleep, the phone in her room began to ring which made her complain silently and let out a small groan as she had to get up out her white-flower detailed double bed with a blue and white bed duvet on top.

lily cleared her throat before picking up the phone and speaking quietly into it "hello?"

after a second or two of silence from the phone, a scratchy voice spoke through the other side, "lily?" it asked also quietly, it was angela. why was she phoning at 11pm?

lilys eyes widened, clearing all the tiredness away from her, "angela! hi!" she spluttered, all thoughts were wiped from her brain as the girl began crying at the other side, liliaths eyebrows were pulled closer and upwards as she began worrying silently about what to say, no words were coming."angela?"

the upset blonde swallowed and rubbed her nose, "yes?" acting as if she wasn't just letting out a small sob.

lily began looking around her room, wondering what to do, "what's wrong?" we're the only words she could think of, everything else sounded stupid.

angela let out a big sigh, "it's..." she began but stopped almost immediately, "can you meet me tomorrow?" angela questioned acting like the first part of their call never happened. angela was a good actor, she always has been.

lilys body relaxed a little as she heard the words but was still a little worked up about it, "hmmm..i don't know." she debated.

"please!" angela demanded, "please just meet me." she begged.

angela's voice had a way of persuading lily into things, wether lily really wanted to or not, "fine." she sighed and scratched her cheek as she was thinking what to say next, "let me sleep now, please." which made both girls chuckle at each side of the phone.

"yeah, yeah, calm it." angela chuckled, "goodnight see you tomorrow, 12 o'clock, next to school." angela demanded.

lily smirked at angela over the phone, "okay, goodnight." and hung up the phone. she finally climbed back into her blue and white sheets and curled up into a ball and eventually drifted off.