the hellfire club : part 1

in the next morning, lily woke up in her bed with angela beside her. they must've just crashed once they got back to liliaths.

"hey angela" lily shook angela to get her to wake up.

as her eyes opened a little she mumbled "what" she still had her makeup on from last night. "what happened" she was so tired she looked like she could go back to sleep.

"hey, we have school" the brunette stated, as if it was obvious.

angela jamp up, "FUCK FUCK SHIT" she was up on her feet now pacing around lilys room.

"hey-hey what is it" lily was now panicking a little at angela's reaction.

"i have no clothes!" angela could never wear the same outfit to school, especially two days in a row or from the night before. she was just like that. "i can't wear my clothes from last night to school!"

after a few moments lily relaxed a little "it's fine you can wear something of mine" the sentence put a smile of ease on angela's panicked face. so she borrowed a pink and white stripy top with a long denim blue skirt with a belt to perfect the outfit. she borrowed mrs mitchell's makeup and wore the heels she wore to the party. "you look, gorgeous" liliath was amazed at angela's beauty.

"says you miss mitchell" and winked at lily, who was just wearing a tight top with jeans and her new converse.

it was a sunny day, like everyday in california. once we got to first period i saw jane, who was holding her presentation. shit. it was presentation day.

"angela!" lily called "please can i do your presentation with you i forgot mine" she begged

"you're so stupid liliath mitchell." she joked, "sure" which put joy into lilys face "but," she paused. "it'll cost you" she smirked, but before she could continue, mrs gracie walked hushed the class to start presentations. angela was up first. lily didn't know one thing about helen keller but played along like she knew everything, nodding along to convince mrs gracie.

"that was wonderful girls, truly wonderful" she clapped. "what an inspiring story." mrs gracie motioned for us to go back to our seats. "now let's see who has to follow that" she began as she put her reading glasses on and picked a name out of the jar. "jane!" she said politely, everyone clapped sarcastically apart from will and lily.

"hi" jane said nervously to the class, looking around but lily cheered her on silently once her eyes landed on lily. "for my hero, i" she was still scanning around the class, jane didn't like talking out infront of the class. "i chose my dad" angela's eyebrows furrowed and everyone turned to look at eachother with giggles. "and for my visual aid, i made a direyama of our cabin."

"more like diarrhoea" jake said confidently making everyone laugh including angela. jane laughed too, but lily could tell she just wanted to be like everyone else.

"quiet everyone" mrs gracie demanded " let's be respectful" but there were still some giggles around the room.

jane picked up one of the figures from her direyama "this is my dad, his name is hopper." she said confidently "h-he made the best egos" she startled "and.. we liked to watch miami vice on fridays" she chuckled. as she sat the figure of her father down, she picked up a squirrel figure which lily thought was cute. " this is mr fibbly" she paused " he is a squirrel" which again, the class laughed.

"what" jake snorted out, causing janes smile into a frown, will looked nervous and he nodded at jane to keep on going.

when jane sat down the squirrel she pointed to an alarm and said "and this is the alarm that my dad made." her voice was starting to crumble. angela put her hand up. "i- i was never scared because.." she paused again as she caught angela with her hand up. "beca- because.." she mumbled as she turned to look at mrs gracie.

"angela let's save questions until the end of janes presentation." mrs gracie seemed a little nervous.

"yeah. sorry." angela said sarcastically. "i'm just, like, confused." she began. "i thought this was a presentation about a historical hero. she complained.

"my dad was in the news paper." jane insisted.

angela chuckled, "your local paper?" which again made the class laugh.

lily kicked angela's chair from behind"oh give it a by angela" but angela just looked at her and smirked. she was impressing jake. "i just don't think that's what mrs gracie meant by historical" she insisted. "this is supposed to be about famous people." she followed.

"jane stared at her blankly for a few moments, "my dad is famous" she muttered "h-he saved lots of lives" she stuttered. she was shaking. "in a mall fire" she continued.

"hey- hey don't worry jane it's okay-" lily started

"he was a hero for people." jane interrupted. "and he was my hero too." raising her voice, earning her some weird stares from all around the room.

"that's not what i'm saying at all, but it's okay." angela chuckled.

"oh just shut up angela!" liliath was angry, she stood up from her chair facing angela. but angela just ignored her.

"i'm so sorry mrs gracie," she sarcastically claimed to the quiet teacher. "i didn't mean to interrupt. i just wanted clarity on the rules of the assignment." lilys face was growing redder and redder at every word that spilled out angela's mouth at that moment.

"we'll technically, you are correct," mrs gracie started. "but, jane has decided to do her father. so-"

"what!" lily shouted. "this is such bullshit!" lily claimed shouting at mrs gracie.

mrs gracie was shocked "liliath!"

"why are you being so quiet?." lily questioned. "don't you see jane? don't you see she's practically crying up there." as she walked towards mrs gracie she turned to angela and pointed in her face. "because of you," she shouted. "because you're so stuck up on impressing shitface jake over here that you feel like you need to pick on jane!" lily claimed as she scanned the class.

mrs grace stayed quiet. "what has gotten into you!" angela shouted at lily with horror in her eyes.

"no, what's gotten into you!" lily answered back. "you think you're so cool, and thinks everybody wants to be like angela bell but no angela! no one does! cos you're a bitch!" lily was right up in angela's face causing slight tears in her eyes. but lily couldn't care less as angela treated jane so badly.

"i hate you!" angela mumbled.

"huh? what was that?" lily said angrily, as angela just stared at her with guilt. "use your words."

" i said i hate you!" angela screamed. "fuck you lily. i thought we were friends."

"yeah i thought we were friends too, angela."