𝟐 | 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Rafe?" I ask from his bathroom.

"Yeah?" he calls out.

"Can you help me zip it?"

"Yeah, come out here."

I packed a yellow sundress in my duffel bag just in case, I thought. Turns out that was a good choice, because it works perfect for tonight. Except I can't zip it myself.

As I step out of the bathroom door, Rafe's eyes fall down my body. His hand moves to his jaw and slowly covers his mouth. "God damn," he groans.

I stare at him as he continues to look at my outfit in shock. "Rafe."

He finally meets my eyes with a dazed expression.

"The zipper," I say, my hands still attempting to hold fabric together behind my back.

"Right." He swallows as he steps closer to me and reaches his arms out.

I turn to face the other direction as I wait for him to zip the dress. His thumb touches my bare skin, making me shiver as he drags it up my back along with the zipper. I spin back around and flatten the bottom of it with my hands before looking to Rafe.

He places his hands on my waist and drags them down to my hips, all while wearing the biggest grin on his face. "You look so good, Jules," he says, moving his hands to my ass before pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you," I giggle, wrapping my arms around his neck and going on my tiptoes. He barely has to move his hands down before reaching the end of the dress.

"I like that it's short," he says, and I don't even need to look at him to see the smirk that's plastered on his face.

"I know," I say, pulling back and putting my hand on his cheek to kiss him quickly. "I like your outfit, too."

He moves his hand to the lower part of my back before letting go and looking down at his clothes. "Did the green shirt just for you." He smiles before kissing me again, this time longer than the kiss I gave him.

As we kiss, I can't help but think about the fact that I really do like his outfit. He's wearing a pale green long-sleeve with khaki shorts, and he's still wearing the new curtain-like hairstyle that I gave him. That was possibly the best decision I ever made.

He pulls away and smiles at me. "You excited for tonight?"

I nod quickly. "Mmm-hm."

"How do you feel about drinking?" he asks me cautiously.

"Uh... I don't really want to. But you can."

"I can?" he asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I mean... I trust you." I shrug. "As long as you promise not to act douche-y like last time."

A smile forms at the corner of his mouth. "I promise," he says before kissing my cheek.

"You only drink, though, right?" I ask. "You stopped getting high ever since... the whole thing happened?"

"Yeah." His face turns serious as he nods assuringly. "Of course. You know that."

"I was just double-checking."

"I know," he says, looking into my eyes.

I breathe deeply, taking in the silence, before he starts to kiss me again. His hands move to my cheeks as he moves his lips over my own.

"Look, doesn't it piss you off, even a little?" a loud woman's voice says from what sounds like the front yard.

Rafe immediately pulls back and looks into my eyes as he listens intently.