𝟔 | 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
juliet's point of view

"Knock, knock."

I look up from my bed to find my dad in the doorway. "What's up?" I ask.

"Gen wants to wear your pink shirt to sleep tonight."

"It should be in one of the bottom two drawers," I say before going back to my homework.

"Got it."

He walks over to my dresser and opens up one of the drawers. "How was school today?"

I swallow. "Good."

"Really?" he says sarcastically, sifting through my clothes. "Must've been great if you weren't even there."

I immediately sit up. "Um—"

"—You're not in trouble, kiddo. I understand how tough everything is right now."

My shoulders relax. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." He switches to the other drawer. "Just try to go next week, okay?"

"Right, yeah."

"Are you sure the shirt is in here?" he says, looking at me empty-handed.

I set my notebook down. "You know what? It's probably at the Chateau."

He tosses his hand in the air. "Oh, well, don't worry about it."

"No, no, I need to go get my clothes anyway," I say, now sliding into my shoes.

As I walk across the room to grab my keys, my dad stays still in front of the dresser. "Everything okay?"

"Uh..." I pick up my phone and stand by the door.

"You mentioned they 'berated' you the other day."

I close my eyes, forgetting what I told my parents when I was upset. "Yeah, but, it's fine now. I'm fine." I nod. "I just don't really need my clothes over there."

"Okay, well, drive safe."

"I will. Love you, Dad."

"Love you, Juli Bug."

The sun sets as I make the drive to the other side of the island, and by the time I arrive at the Chateau, it's dark out.

I expected the Pogues to still be in South Carolina, but there's faint music playing from the back of the house. I walk around the corner only to quickly freeze in place.

JJ is sitting in a hot tub with Sarah and John B. Sarah and John B.

"Oh my god," I say as I cover my mouth.

The three of them look up at me, and their expressions quickly match mine.

After a few seconds of dumbfounded staring, Sarah jumps out of the hot tub and runs toward me. "Juli!" she screams with joy.

"Holy shit!" I laugh in shock as we tumble into a hug. "I thought you were dead."

"I'm alive, I'm okay," she giggles. "It's a long story."

I squeeze her tighter, still in disbelief that she's here in front of me.

She pulls away and wipes the tears off my cheeks, laughing softly. "How about you, are you okay? JJ said you were stranded in South Carolina."

"Yeah, I'm good." My smile dims slightly. "Rafe picked me up," I say so only she can hear.

I want to tell her what Rafe and I did. I want to have a sleepover and spill our lives to each other to catch up on everything we missed.