𝟑 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Once it gets close to 7:00, I start to look through my closet for an outfit to wear. My eyes land on a white babydoll blouse that would look perfect with my low-rise baggy jeans. I throw both of those on and try to fix my hair that seems to have been ruined by the school day. It takes me a second to decide, but I eventually pick some low heels.

By the time I get my purse ready and start to apply lip gloss, my phone buzzes on my desk.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

wreck-it-rafe🥳

here but take ur time

no rush

kay

coming down

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

I throw the lip gloss into my purse and walk down to the entryway.

"What are you all dressed up for?" my dad asks from down the hall.

"Just a date." I shrug, taking my hand off of the doorknob.

"Just a date," he repeats slowly with a slight smile. "Shouldn't he come to the door?"

"Um... no?"

"I raised you better than that, Juli Bug. Go get him and bring him inside."

"But we're about to—"

"—If Rafe wants to take you out, he has to be a gentleman."

I sigh annoyedly. "Fine."

"I'll be in the kitchen," he says before walking back down the hall.

I open the front door and walk over to Rafe, who's standing outside the Range Rover. He gets all smiley when he sees me and reaches his arms out, making me slightly run to jump into his arms.

"You look so pretty, baby," he says before kissing my dimple.

My cheeks begin to turn red, which only fuels him to kiss me more, all over my cheek and neck. I eventually drop down and take a step back to look at him. He's wearing khaki shorts with a silky sage green shirt that has a few buttons undone.

I place my hands around the unbuttoned part of his shirt and grin. "You look really good."

He bites down on his tongue and laughs.

"Like, really good," I repeat.

He looks into my eyes before kissing my forehead and pulling me into a hug. "I love you."

"I love you." I smile, holding onto him tightly. "My dad wants you to go inside."

Rafe pulls away and looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. "He does?"

"Mm-hmm," I say. "He's waiting as we speak."

He blinks. "Did you tell him..."

"I didn't tell him anything about last night," I answer. "He said something about how you 'have to be a gentleman.' I don't know."

He pushes his bottom lip out. "Okay, let's go, then." He laces his fingers with mine and begins to walk to the front door.

"Dad!" I call out once we re-enter the house.