Chapter 2: Misunderstandings

The male lion was conflicted. He never seen Kiara and Vitani before. The lionesses approach them as that the male lion backs away. 

"Kovu, what's going on?" Kiara asked, as the black lion said, "He must be a intruder. He might hurt the animals here in the Pridelands!" Both lioness were confused by Kovu's words. They understood of why he was protective, but not letting a visitor from a faraway land seems unfair.

"Why would I do that? I am just completely lost. I'm just looking for Pride Rock. The lands have been changed since I last been here." The male lion explains, as Vitani glances at the male lion. 

She had a feeling like she had met this strange lion before, as she approached the male lion to be inspected more closely. 

"Uh, sis, what you doing?" Kovu asked his sister in a curious, serious tone, as the male lion seems to be uncomfortable as well. 

"Would you please stop looking at me like that?" He asked, he walks away from her. She realized that her behavior immediately as she blushed, "Sorry, I couldn't shake this feeling that we've met before. " 

"What you mean? Do you know him personally?" Kiara asked her, as the male lion sniffed the air. "Someone's coming. Stay back!" 

Another lion suddenly appears in front of them, a male lion with a scar on his face attacks the male lion. 

The fight was intense, as the group watched it. "Why would you come here, Kuja?"

Kuja, laughed, "Oh, I haven't forgotten about what you had done to me. I just simply wanted revenge." 

Vitani couldn't handle the fight any longer, as she steps between the two rivals. "Stay back from him." 

"Oh? A lioness protecting the loser? How much do you have give?"

"You don't have to protect me, I can handle him." The male lion said, trying to protect her, but Kiara and Kovu knew what she is going to do. Kiara instructs the male lion, "Stay behind Vitani. She will get us out of this mess." 

The male lion was confused by her words, as he noticed that Vitani's expressions had changed from earlier. 

She used the Roar, as Kuja was unaware of its abilities and strength, as Vitani grins at the sight. The rival ran away, but turns back to face the male lion, "You think that this is over? I will be back, and I wouldn't run from a fight again." 

The male lion looked at the Fiercest, as he asked, "Why would you do that? I could've -" 

"Oh, and let you get more hurt? Forget it! You nearly died from that fight, you could've at least thank me for saving you!" She stated as he puffs, "Gee, coming from you, you're quite stubborn!" 

"S-Stand down! We're all in good terms here. No need to argue at each other." Kiara said, trying to ease the mood. 

The lioness led the group to Pride Rock, which Simba and Nala were waiting. "Ah, Kiara, where were you, I was worried." Nala asked her daughter as Kiara muzzles her mother, "Sorry. There's this lion who was wandering alone and Kovu almost started a fight without asking. It took Vitani to use the Roar of the Elders. " 

Simba said, "Oh, I see. Are you feeling ok, Vitani?" The lioness nods, "Yes, Simba, I'm fine. I will go ahead and scout out the lands with the Guard for a bit. It's going to be the dry season very soon and we need to be ready until the day comes." 

As the lioness leaves, the male lion steps forward towards the royals, which made Nala become very curious as she looks at the lion's eyes. 

"Who are you, and why would you be here in the Pridelands?" Simba asked. The male lion was hesitant. He was not completely sure how to respond to the king, as that it took Nala to take the action herself. 

She slowly approached the male lion, as she asked him a question that made Kiara, Kovu and Simba bewildered and shock. 

"Kopa, is that you?" She asked the male lion.

Kopa nods, "Hi, mom. I'm home." 

Kiara couldn't believe it, as she was shocked to learn that she has a older brother she never known about, as Kopa looked at his sister. "Kiara, i..." 

The lioness just ran away from him, as that he sighs, knowing that she just needed space. 

"I should've told her straight away. I feel awful." Kopa said, bitterly as that Kovu said, "Allow me to talk to her. I know exactly where she went."