Chapter 4: Kopa's backstory

The lions waited patiently for Kopa to tell the story. The prince took a massive breath, as that recalling bad memories wasn't going to be easy.

"Kopa, it's going to be fine. Please tell us." Kiara asked her older brother, as that she was trying to encourage him. 

Seeing how caring his younger sister was, he looked at the Pridelands once more. "Well, this story goes before you came, Kiara. 

I was a adventurous cub back then, and Dad was being very gentle with me, considering I was his only child and heir to the throne. 

I wasn't very enthusiastic about becoming king yet, and I often explore with Dad and Zazu. One day, I went to the Outlands, which was very nice. 

It was there I met Vitani and her family. Zira wasn't too fond of us playing together though. She had this pure desire and resentment towards me, like I was a plague or something." 

Vitani asked, "How come I never knew that? Mother always seems so nice. " 

"Not towards me it appears. Anyway, Dad saw me playing and forbid me of not seeing you ever again. It pained me though but I couldn't refuse him. 

That was the plan of Zira began. Zazu and I was all alone in the afternoon, but then a fire came out in a hot summer day. 

Zazu flew for help, as I was all alone. In the midst of it... there she was. Zira was thrilled I was all alone, and she attacked me straight on. " 

Kiara and Vitani's eyes widen as Kovu said, "I couldn't believe it. She did that to a cub." 

"Yes. She did. I manage to tear off one of her ear as I escaped though.  I was badly bruised and I ran as fast I could.  I was rescued by a pride of lions who accepted who I was and where I came from.

They helped me on my feet, but I wasn't able to return home.  I made a friend there, Kuja, a Prideless lion. 

I thought that we could been great friends, but I was wrong. He wanted power and revenge. He tried to kill the pride, and I defended the pride as a token of their gratitude, let's just say that our fight wasn't too pleasant."

Kiara listens as to how her brother survived a terrible ordeal like that. "I can't believe you had to go through all of that, that sounds horrible." 

Kopa said, "I tried to forget it as much as possible, but it seems like Kuja wouldn't stop persuading me, no matter where I go. I'm sorry that I brought trouble on the way home." 

"Don't be like that, Kopa. It's understandable that you hide from a dangerous predator like Kuja like that. 

Besides, I have dealt a lot of trouble when I was a cub." Kiara said, thinking about one particular cub that she hasn't seen in a while. 

Kovu knew exactly the lion his mate was thinking about, as he suggested, "How bout you and Kopa visit them? It wouldn't hurt and it would be a great thing to have his advice about all of this." 

Vitani said, "Going to the Tree of Life? Aren't they busy ruling with all the inhabints who lived there?"

Kopa was confused at who they were talking about, as Kiara thought for herself, "It would work, and it would be an absolute shock for Kopa and Kion to meet one other. " 

"Sure, why not? Kopa, we need to go to the Tree of Life. We need some advice there, and it would be a ... opportunity to meet the king and queen. " 

"Who are you talking about, who are we going to see?"

"You may not know this, but after you disappeared, we have a younger brother, who used to be the leader of the Lion Guard, the role that Vitani has now. 

He doesn't live here in the Pridelands anymore. " She explains. 

Kopa was stunned. He not only has a younger sister, but a younger brother! "Are you sure he can help us?"

"Don't tell me that the forgotten prince is scared of meeting the king of Tree of Life, aren't you?" Vitani tease at him. 

"No way! " 

"Are you sure?" She asked, as that he got annoyed at her playful smirk, as he pins her down. "Pinned ya!" 

Kiara and Kovu looked at the young lions as that she said, "Ok, we need to go before you have second thoughts, Kopa. 

The lions followed the lioness as that Kopa was nervous. He never heard of the Tree of Life, nor the fact that not having a brother he never met. 

Kiara sees the familiar sighting as Kopa was amazed by the massive scenery as Kiara said, in a proud expression, "Well, Kopa, welcome to our brother's home. 

Welcome to the Tree of Life." 

Vitani asked, "Do you think that Kion wouldn't be mad of not telling that we're here for a urgent visit?"

"He wouldn't mind. " The pale golden lioness replied as that the male prince was astonished by the lands as that he sees a lion similar to his father. 

The male lion looked at their direction and then his instincts kicked in and pins him down, "Who are you and why you with my sister?"

"Kion! " Kiara exclaimed of seeing her two brothers' first impression. "Please let him up, he's with me and Vitani. I do recall that you had a similar encounter with Vitani, remember?"

Kion blushes at the memory, as the red lion let Kopa up. "Samahani. I didn't know you were coming. It's nice to see you, Kiara." 

The two lions muzzled as he said, "So, what brings you three to the Tree of Life? Is the Pridelands in trouble?"

"Is it ok if we go somewhere privately? It's kind of a major thing back home." Kiara asked, as the king was confused but knows that his sister takes things seriously. 

"Follow me. Rani is inside the tree, so we can talk there." He suggested as the three lions followed him. 

"Asante, Kion for letting us inside the tree." Kopa said, as the lion was confused. "So, who are you exactly? I never seen you before." 

Kopa looked at his younger sister with a worried expression, as that she nods, "Kion, allow me to introduce our big brother, the forgotten prince of the Pridelands, Kopa."