Chapter 5: Awkward brother talk

Kopa couldn't believe that he has a younger brother, neither has for Kion having a big brother. 

As the two lions were in awe for now knowing each other's existence, Kion was the first to speak up. 

"Well.. this is kind of a surprise. I didn't know that we have um, a big brother all this time." He said, which made the prince blushed, hearing his own brother speak in a kingly way. Although it was the first time he ever met him directly. 

Rani and Kiara noticed very quickly how the boys were interacting as Rani said, "I think you two need some brotherly moment, don't you agree, Vitani?"

She was not fully paying attention, but then noticed the lionesses' expression. "Oh, I think I see where this is going." She thought and decides to follow their lead. 

They leave the two newfound brothers as the both lions were all alone. Kion didn't know what to say, because it felt too weird and awkward. 

"Kion, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for us to meet in a dire situation." He heard the lion apologize. 

He frown, "Why you apologize? I mean, it's a major surprise for me to learn that I have a big brother who disappeared all this time and now he shown up, here in the Tree of Life, seeking for my help, it's a lot to process." 

Köpa sighs, as he looked at the horizon landscape that his brother now calls home. "So, you are the king of this entire land? 

Was Kiara... a little bit troublesome?" 

"We used to bug each other a lot when we were cubs, back when I was the leader of the guard. It took me a lot to trials to gain mutual trust to Rani, the Night Pride, and our allies, especially in Vitani and the rest of the Outsiders." 

"Oh. That explains of the scar on your face then?" Kopa asked, as the king chuckled at the memory, but then he turns serious. "Kopa... tell me why you really want to talk to me? Is it something to do with you?"

"Yeah. I really need your help, Kion." He said, as the king said, "I'm here to listen." 

While the two lions were being acquainted, the lionesses looked at the view of the land that Kion and Rani called home. 

"Do you think they will be alright on their own?" Vitani asked as she was concerned about the interaction between the new discovered brothers. 

"Let them figure it out. It's going to be a while for both of them to adapt this new relationship, especially for Kopa. He just arrived to the Pridelands and he just found out about me and Kion being his siblings." Kiara said, as she was silent after she said it. 

"It must've been quite a shock for you too, finding out you weren't the only sibling. I'm sure that Kion would understand his reasonings. You know him better than anyone, Kiara." Rani said, trying to cheer her sister-in-law. 

The pale golden lioness simply smiled at the Queen as that she knew that she was absolutely right. 

"Kiara, what a pleasure surprise!" The group of lionesses turned around to see the former Lion Guard. 

"Fuli, Bunga, Besthe, Anga, and Ono! It's great to see you all again." Kiara greets them as Ono asked, "What brings you and Vitani to the Tree of Life? Is there any trouble back home?"

"Well, it's more than a simple problem, Ono. In fact, Kion is speaking to his brother at the moment -" 

"Wait, his what?????????" The former guard exclaimed in shock of hearing the fact that he had a sibling. 

"Guys, let's see them!" Bunga exclaimed as the honey badger wanted to see them, as Ono rolled his eyes at his friend's curious glance and went to see the two lions himself. Ono exclaimed, "Wait, Bunga! Wait for us!" 

Kopa was still felt weirded out of knowing that Kion is now King and has a mate. 

As the two lions were looking, Ono and Bunga came towards the lions themselves! "Bunga, Ono!" The king said, which the prince asked, "Kion who are they?"

"Two of the Night Pride members, they were part of the Lion Guard, and they're two of my childhood friends when I used to live back at the Pridelands." His brother explains to him, as the lion simply nods a hello. 

"This is remarkable, Kion, I didn't know that you had another sibling besides Kiara! Honestly I am in total disbelief." Ono exclaimed as that Kopa said, "I'm so sorry that I came to the Tree of Life unannounced like this. 

Kiara thought that I should see at least our brother in a complex problem back home." 

"What you mean, is something bad back at the Pridelands?" The Hamerkop asked. 

"Something like that. You wouldn't believe what I been through." The prince concurred.