Piano

A/n: Credits to Scarletvintage1837 for giving me this idea.

——

"Where is she?" Tony asks as he looks around the meeting room and doesn't see you. Everyone else looks around as well before they look at Bucky. He crosses his arms over his chest as he looks at Tony. "Give her some time Tony. She's going through a hard time right now," he says.

"Yes we all know what happened with her father, but this is important and she'll want to be here for this," Tony says sternly.

Slowly, you walk in the room with your head down as you approach the empty seat next to Bucky. You sit down and Bucky softly rubs your back as you lay your head down on the table. Everyone goes silent and you can feel them staring at you which makes you want to cry again.

Bucky hears the small whimper leave your lips and he looks up at Tony. "She's here now, you can continue," he says and Tony nods at him. He looks at you with sympathy one more time before talking.

You and your dad have always had a rocky relationship, but over the last few months it was getting better. He had reached out to you and the two of you started talking again. All you wanted was a good father/daughter relationship with him, and you found yourself getting attached to him. Which was a mistake.

He had made plans with you to come visit you at the compound and he was gonna spend sometime with you. But, just like every other time, he didn't follow through with his plan. He met this girl and decided to go with her to Paris instead of come see his own daughter that he hasn't seen for over ten years.

To say you were upset is an understatement. You hated yourself for getting so attached to him. Part of you was scared this would happen, but you wanted to see that he was trying to be a better man, so you let him back in your life. Only for him to just leave again.

"Alright guys, fury has granted us a vacation for a few months. I have decided that we will go to London for two of those weeks. Maybe longer, I'm not sure yet," he says.

"Are you serious?" Scott asks and Tony nods. Everyone starts to laugh and cheer in excitement.

Bucky leans down so his mouth is next to your ear. "Did you hear that y/n?" He whispers and you nod your head. You are excited about this trip, but you're still hurt from what happened. Bucky softly hugs your body against his and you press your head into his chest.

"We leave the day after tomorrow," Tony says and everyone starts to get up and leave.

Later, you're sitting at the piano in the main room. Bucky's sitting on the couch near you so he can stay close to you. He knows you're hurting and he doesn't want to leave you alone no matter how much you wanna be alone.

Your fingers hover over the keys as you think of what song to play. But in reality, you don't have to think. Whenever you feel sad or let down, you play the same song.

So, your fingers press on the beige keys and music starts to surround you and every one else in the room as you play the song.

Bucky immediately recognize the song as soon as you start. He knows that you always play 'Je te laisserai des mots' when your sad.

Steve comes in the room and sits down next to Natasha as she smiles sadly watching you play. Tony also walks in the room and sits down. He hates seeing you sad. Which is why he may have planed the trip to London just for you.

Bucky smiles softly as he watches you play. The way your fingers move is like magic to him. Whenever you're really focused, your brows will pinch together and your tongue with stick out a bit, or your lips will compress together. He's noticed that about you. He likes watching you play more than he'll admit. It makes him feel comforted and safe. Plus he enjoys looking at you. Not in a creepy way, but in a way of adoration.

Wanda and Pietro both walk over to you and Wanda smooths your hair back as you continue to play while Pietro continues to eat his caramel candy and nod his head at your playing skill. Wanda smiles down at you as you stay focused on your fingers playing the keys.

Sam comes in the room and lets out a groan. Almost everyone shoots him a glare, but you continue to keep playing. Sam always has something negative to say about your playing, so you just shut him out.

"Y/n, I understand you're sad, but do you have to make everyone else feel sad too?" He asks.

"Sam shut up or I will make you cry," you threaten and he scoffs as he rolls his eyes. Immediately, you stop playing look up at him and make eye contact before you start to play Mia and Sebastian's Theme.

"Stop!" Sam yells as he runs out of the room, but Pietro runs after him and they're both back before a second passes. Steve and Tony quickly grab him and force him to sit down. "This isn't fair!" He yells as you continue playing the song.

Bucky chuckles as he stands up and sits down next to you. Sam continues to let out muffled whines considering that Natasha slapped her hand over his mouth before he could scream again.

Once you finish playing Mia and Sebastian's Theme, you look up and see Sam with tears streaming down his face. Tony and Steve release him and he runs out of the room yelling "they should have ended up together!"

You laugh and so does everyone else. Bucky smiles at you and you turn to smile at him. "That will never not be funny," Nat says as she stands up and quickly walks away.

"She was crying too," Tony says.

"So are you Mr. Stark," Peter says as he points at Tony's watery eyes. "Stop!" Tony says as he runs out of the room.

Everyone starts to stand up and rush out of the room, wiping their eyes. "God dammit," Steve mumbles as he wipes his eyes and leaves.

"What a bunch of losers. Am I right?" Scott laughs as he walks over to you and Bucky. You chuckle as you start to play the first few notes of the songs again, but stop when Scott lets out a pained sob and runs out of the room.

Now it's just you and Bucky left. You turn to look at him to laugh, but see he has a few tears. "Are you crying?" You asks as you take his face in your hands and wipe his tears away.

"I was fine until you started playing it again," he says and you smile sadly as you press your forehead to his. "Come on Bucky, let's go pack for London," you say as you stand up and wait for him to follow you.