Confession

Bucky softly squeezes your thigh to help you calm down as you wait to see your cousin. You decided to come see Emily to ask her what the hell happened and to sort out the situation this leaves Olive in.

A security officer leads you to a room with a table and Emily on the other side of it. You sit down across from her and look around the room before looking at her.

"Hey," you say with a soft smile.

"Hi," she says and it sounds like she's slowly dying inside by the tone of her voice.

"Emily, what happened?" You ask and she lets out a long sigh as she sits up some.

"We've been planing this, Liam and I. We just couldn't go through it because of Olive. We already had you put down as her Godmother so no matter what, she would be put into your custody after this happened. But, we wanted a little bit of time with her," Emily smiles softly.

"How long had you been planning this?" You ask.

"Six years," she says and your jaw drops a bit. "Then you came to us begging for help and I couldn't turn you away. I couldn't turn someone I loved away. So we put a pin in our plan while we took care of Olive for the first three years of her life. But we couldn't hold off any longer."

"Emily, you blew up and entire building, full with innocent people who have families and—"

"Innocent people?" Emily asks appalled by your choice of description. "They are anything, but innocent. They destroyed mine and Liam's life. And when I begged them to reconsider and give us our jobs back, they laughed and told me that I was worthless and belonged to the streets. Well guess what? Who's laughing now?" She asks as she starts laughing hysterically and you stand up as the security guards come over to grab her.

"You take good care of Olive. She's all yours now."

That was the last thing you ever heard her say. That was the last time you ever saw her.

"So, you're Olives legal guardian now?" Bucky asks and you nod. Olive lays in your arms asleep. "Yea, she's all mine," you say as tears fall down your face.

"Hey," Bucky whispers softly as he wipes them away, but new ones just take their place. "I'm okay," you say with a nod.

You kiss the top of Olives head softly and look at Bucky. "For a while I wanted to be her mom again. I actually regretted giving her to Emily and Liam a few times. But then I thought about the reality of it. How can I take care of a child, Bucky? I'm constantly on missions, I live with several other people, and j can't even take care of myself," you say.

"That's not true. You can take care of yourself. You have been for a really long time," he says, but you shake your head at him and he frowns. "You've been taking care of me," you say.

"Then I'll help you take care of Olive. You won't be doing this alone y/n. You have me, and Wanda will surely help. Then there's Steve who's a big old softy when it comes to children. And Sam has nephews so he knows what to do if one of them falls and starts crying," Bucky says.

"He said he laughs at them," you sniffle and Bucky wipes more of your tears away.

"Well I imagine it's funny, but you know he'll take care of Olive too. We all will. You'll never have to be alone," Bucky says and you smile.

"Thank you, Bucky," you say with a smile.

"Of course, doll," he says with a soft smile.

Your eyes flicker to his lips before back up to his eyes only to find that his eyes are staring at your lips. "I won't take it back," you say and his eyes snap up to yours. "What I said that day out in the rain, I won't take it back unless you want me to." You stand up and leave the room.

Bucky sits there by himself for a few seconds. "Don't chicken out, don't chicken out," he mumbles to himself.

His knee starts to bounce up and down uncontrollably as he thinks things over in his head. The moment he had with you out in the woods and in the rain play in his head. Every moment he's had with you molds together in his brain creating a wax mold around it that's just filled with you.

Finally he stands up and heads to your room. He walks in and sees you getting some of Olives stuff packed up. You look up and see Bucky, "I just handed Olive off to Wanda so I could pack some of her things up," you tell him with a smile.

Your smile drops as he walks in looking nervous and desperate. "I don't want you to take it back," he says and you walk to meet him halfway.

"You don't?" You ask and he shakes his head.

"I never want you to take it back. I want you to forgive me for being such an ass to you. I want you to keep loving me because I love you. And I want to be with you and I want you to be the last person I talk to every night before I fall asleep and the first person I talk to ever morning when I wake up. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and see you everyday because you are the love of my life and if soulmates really do exist then I believe that you are mine," he says and you stare at him in shock.

"I love you," he says softly.

"Bucky..." you softly trail off as you grabs the sides of his face and pull his lips to yours. He smiles against your lips as he grabs your waist and pulls you against him more.