Firefly

When you woke up, you both acted like nothing happened, like nothing will ever happen. Because it won't.

Everyone was sitting at the table eating their breakfast in silence. Tony looks around at everyone and decides to start the conversation. "So, what do you guys want to do today?" He asks and you look up at him.

"I already have plans, but I need someone to go with me," you say and look at Bucky who catches on and nods his head.

"Okay, well, what about everyone else?" Tony looks at everyone who just keeps looking down at their food. "We can go on a tour of the city?" He suggests.

"Yea that sounds fun," Peter says and everyone else kind of just mumbles an okay.

"Are we gonna be those annoying tourists that walk around and have no idea where they're going so everyone looks at them?" Natasha asks.

"What do you expect, Steve with us," Tony says as he points at Steve who's mindlessly eating his toast while staring at the wall.

"Mr. Rogers?" Peter waves his hand in front of Steve face and everyone watches as he blinks and looks around. "What?" He asks.

"Don't worry about it," Tony says.

You and Bucky catch each other's eye and smile softly at one another. His gaze stays on you as you continue eating and he notices that you're not eating a lot. His heart tears a bit and he hopes that you'll eat more later. He keeps thinking about how you held each other last night. How he felt safe in your arms and how you felt perfect against him. All he wants is to be able to be pressed against you like that forever.

Reluctantly, he looks back down at his breakfast and continues eating. His heart beats faster when he thinks about looking back up at you and his palm starts to sweat a bit so he wipes it on his leg.

After everyone is done eating, Bucky walks up to you and smiles. "What are we doing today?" He asks you and you exhale as you look down. "Lets talk in private," you pull him into your room and close the door.

"What's going on?" He asks with the most adorable confused face ever made.

"About four years ago, do you remember when I left the avengers for about a year?" You ask and Bucky nods his head.

"Yea it was right after you and him broke up," he says, refusing to say your ex boyfriends name.

"Yea, well, I came here, to London. I have a cousin who lives here so I stayed with her. I found out I was pregnant with a girl when I was here and I just, didn't feel ready to have a baby, so my cousin agreed to take her in as her own. I usually FaceTime them twice a month so that I can see her, but she knows me as her cousin and not her mother. And that's the way it's supposed to be and that's the way it'll always be. My cousin is her mom. Yesterday I texted her and she told me I could come see her today, but I knew I wouldn't be able to go alone and that's why I need you to go with me," you say.

"Of course I'll go with you y/n," he says as he walks up to you and cups your face with his hands. He slowly leans down and kisses your forehead. "I'll do anything for you, doll."

You sigh with relief and rest your head against his chest. "Please don't tell anyone else about this," you say and he nods his head. "I won't doll, I won't."

The two of you called a cab and took it to the address of your cousins house. Your leg was bouncing the whole drive and when Bucky noticed, he put his hand on your leg to try and calm you down, but in reality, him touching you made you more anxious.

"We're here," the driver says and you let out the breath you were holding.

Bucky pays them and holds your hand in his as you walk towards the white painted house. A picket fence wrapping around it with a garden in the front yard. Shoes on the front porch, a pair of brown ones that definitely belong to your cousins husband by the size of them. A pair of your cousins sneakers and another pair of tiny pink shoes.

"How old is she?" Bucky asks.

"Three, almost four," you say and your voice is shaky.
You've only seen her over FaceTime. Never in person and you're not sure if it's normal to feel this way, or if it's a bad thing.

"Knock when you're ready," Bucky whispers and gives your hand a squeeze. You smile at him before bringing your hand up and softly knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, it opens and you're greeted by your cousin. "Hi em," you say and she smiles as she hugs you tightly.

"I missed you so much y/n," she says and you smile as your arms wrap tightly around her. "I missed you Emily," you say.

"Hello, I'm Emily," she says as she sticks her hand out and Bucky shakes it. "Bucky," he smiles as he shakes it.

"Well, come in, come in," she says as she walks in and you both follow her. "Liam is outside with Olive, I'll go tell them to come inside so you can meet her. Make yourselves at home."

You and Bucky sit down on the loveseat as Emily goes outside. Bucky softly rubs your back when he notices how your breathing picked up. "It's okay," he says.

The sound of the back door opening causes your head to turn in that direction. Emily walks back in holding Olive with Liam behind her. "Olive, look who it is," Emily says as she points at you.

Olive looks over at you and smiles. "Cousin y/n," she says and Emily sets her down as she runs to you and you get on your knees to wrap her in your arms. "Hi my little firefly," you whisper.

"She always looks forward to our FaceTimes. I'm surprised she's not shy," Emily says and you smile as you kiss Olives cheek.

Liam walks over to give you a hug and introduce himself to Bucky. "Olive, this is my friend Bucky," you say and Olive waves her small hand at Bucky.

"It's nice to meet you miss Olive," he says as he waves at her. She reaches her arms out to him and he looks at you nervously.

You smile and gently pass her to him. Her little hands grab onto his shirt and Bucky holds her with his right arm, trying to keep his metal one away from her.

"I'm sorry did you say friend?" Emily asks and you look over at her. "Yea, Bucky's my friend," you say and she looks at you confused.

"Y/n, I'm going to make tea, come with me so you see how to make it the correct way," Emily says as she walks towards the kitchen and you follow her.

"So, how do you make it correctly?" You ask and Emily rolls her eyes.

"That's not why I told you to come back here. That man is not your friend," she says and you groan. "Oh em, please don't—"

"He came with you to see Olive, that man is more than  your friend," she whispers and you sigh. "I know that ever since 'you know who' you've been cautious to who you let have your heart, but that man, is a man worthy of your heart."

"I don't see him that way," you softly say and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that," she laughs before she grabs a few snacks and starts to walk back in the living room.

"So we're not making tea?" You ask and she looks at you. "Not until you admit that he's more than a friend," she smiles.