Awkward Sleeping

"Hey Tony, is there a piano here?" You ask as you walk in the main room. Tony points to a door and you walk over to it and open it. It leads to a room so you walk in and see a piano with several other instruments.

Immediately, you sit down on the seat and start to press on the keys. It's not tuned so you look around for a tuning lever. Once you find it and tune the piano so it sounds better, you think about what to play.

Deciding to go with one of your favorite pieces from one of your favorite movies, you start to play. Steve walks in the room as you start playing and he stands next to you. "You're sharing a bed with Bucky huh?" He asks and you glance at him.

"Yep, it'll be fine. We won't kill each other," you say and he chuckles.

"That's not what I'm worried about. That's a nice song you're playing. What's it called?" He asks and you look at him for a second before looking back at the keys.

"Dawn," Bucky says as he walks in the room. "It's from a movie. Pride and Prejudice."

You nod your head and keep playing as Steve looks at Bucky. "Didn't know you were into that kinda stuff, Buck," he says and Bucky shrugs.

"It's a good movie," he says and Steve nods his head.

"How many times have you watched it on your own, without y/n?" Steve asks as you finish the song. "I only watch it with her," Bucky admits and his face grows a little red.

"Hey guys, we got dinner!" Pietro yells and Steve chuckles as he walks out.

"You ready y/n?" Bucky asks and you shrug. "I'm not that hungry so I'll just meet you there."

"Y/n, you haven't eaten anything all day," Bucky says and you shrug your shoulder and start pressing random keys to make a melody. "Please come eat something, doll," he begs as he sits next to you.

You look at him and see how worried he is. Letting out a sigh, you nod your head and stand up. "Thank you," he whispers as he takes your hand and kisses the inside of your wrist.

"Yea yea, let's just go get this over with," you mumble as you walk out of the room with Bucky following you.

"There they are. What happened? Did you guys finally decide to hook up?" Pietro asks and Wanda smacks his face. "Ow! What the hell Wanda? Be nice to me, I brought you food— oh I wasn't supposed to say that."

"Why would we hook up?" you ask and everyone goes silent. "Tell me or I'll play Mia and Sebastian's Theme again," you threaten.

"It's just that," Sam immediately says and you and Bucky both turn to look at him. "You two are so close with each other, and everyone just thinks, that maybe you two will one day finally cut the crap and get together."

You and Bucky look at him in shock before turning to look at each other. As some as you make eye contact with him, you both burst out laughing. The laughing quickly dies down and an uncomfortable silence fills the room.

A weird tension fills the space between you and Bucky and you both take a small step away from each other. Everyone passes awkward glances around and Scott nervously clears his throat.

"You shouldn't have said anything," Peter whispers to Pietro, who glares at him. "Yes I see that now," he whispers and it sounds almost painful.

"I'm gonna sit down," you say and sit next to Natasha.

Bucky sits next to Steve on the opposite end of the table so he's away from you.

Everyone ate their meal in silence. Once in a while you noticed Bucky peeking over at you, and you noticed because you were peeking at him. Steve saw the little exchanges between the two of you and decided to not saw anything.

You glance over at Bucky and he's already looking at you. Instead of looking away, he holds your gaze and you feel your heart starting to beat faster. His gaze drops to your lips before snapping back up to your eyes. You fell your lips part as heat rushes through your body and you clench your thighs when he licks his bottom lip.

Unable to take your eyes off of him, you watch as he takes a bite of his food and lick his thumb after he got some food on it. Normally you would've been grossed out by that. Like, use a napkin. But... who doesn't wanna see Bucky Barnes like his fingers clean. His eyes meet yours once again, and this time, you decide to look away.

But he doesn't take his gaze off of you. Even when you're not looking at him, he's looking at you.

Later that night, the thing you've been dreading all day approaches you. Sleeping in the same bed. Sure part of you is excited that you're sharing a bed with James Buchanan Barnes, but the other part of you is screaming to run the hell away.

"So, I'll take the floor," he says and your eyes widen. "No," you say quickly and he looks at you with raised eyebrows.

"It's big enough for the both of us don't you think?" You pat the bed and Bucky looks at you confused. "I'm sure it'll be fine Bucky. It's not like we haven't shared a bed before." You climb under the covers and look at him with affection without meaning to.

He hesitantly lays down next to you and rolls on his side to face you. "Hi," you say and he smiles at you. "Hi doll."

Slowly, you watch as he reaches his hand out and brushes some of your hair out of your face. His fingers land under your chin as he tilts your head up. "Try to get some sleep. Okay doll?"

"Okay," you whisper and Bucky smiles before turning off the lamp that rests on the nightstand.

You did fall asleep and so did he. And in your sleep, you rolled towards him and he reaches for you and held you close to him. It wasn't a position you two could have easily played off either.

Your left leg was wrapped around his waist and his right hand was resting on your ass. His head was pressed against your chest with his face kinda in between you boobs. His metal hand was wrapped around your waist and both of your hands were placed on the back of his neck.

Bucky woke up first and didn't know what to do. He stayed in the position, part of him not wanting to move, the other part of him didn't want to make you uncomfortable by staying in the position.

But when you softly moaned and pulled him closer, all his worries went away and he fell back asleep in your arms.